Preemies
Options

Reflux ?

If any of your LO's had reflux at what age did they outgrow it?  Did it take you LO longer because they were a preemie?  Also, did anyone's LO have problems not eating due to reflux?  Some days are good with DD but yesterday and today she's not eating much.  She'll take a half oz and start screaming.  I'm getting really frustrated with her reflux and am just waiting for the day she will outgrow it.

imageimage

Children Photography Photo Credit: Heather Barta Photography

Re: Reflux ?

• Options
    I don't have the answers yet on when they out grow it. My little is on breastmilk and only eat 3.5 oz at a time. He screams for about 20 min @ each feeding. If I feed him when he is sleeping he will eat it with no problems. I have been going threw this now for 6 weeks. So in the last six weeks there hasn't been a day that he hasn't cried for atleast one feeding.  I am over the crying because he won't eat. They just switch his meds today so I pray that will help.
  • Options

Lucky41010, this sounds like a similar situation to my DD.  The past day and a half I can only get her to eat when she's sleeping.  I'm hoping this doesn't continue.  Have you spoken with the dr's about this...do they seem to be concerned?  The one time we brought DD to the ER and she got admitted to the hospital because she was a little dehyrated.  The next time we brought her because we were afraid she was getting dehydrated again the dr. told us this is normal of reflux babies and is just something we have to deal with.  It's frustrating to get two different reactions.

Also, what medicine is your LO on?  DD does 1/2 15 mg Prevacid tab twice a day but I really don't know if it's helping.  We tried Zantac to but that didn't seem to help.

imageimage

Children Photography Photo Credit: Heather Barta Photography

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ruby has not yet outgrown her reflux, but she is on 2ml of Prilosec per day which pretty much makes her symptoms 0. She still spits up but otherwise is happy =). She's been this way since about since 5 months actual/3 months adjusted.
  • Options
    My baby currently has reflux. We went through a stage where he had problems eating because of it. He still does on occassion. He is currently on prevacid twice a day and axid twice a day. He was on zantac but they switched him to axid because he was giving me a hard time with taking the zantac.
    Conceived twins with IVF January 2008. Lost baby a at 20 1/2 weeks due to premature rupture of membranes and held onto baby b. Baby b (Brandon) born at 26 weeks and 1 day on July 5, 2008. Wesley born full term on June 29, 2011. My blog http://karenandstu.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Options

Unfortunately Brady is suffering through this also. He has had reflux since he was born (6 weeks early) but it has gotten worse since he came home last week. He was on zantac in the nicu, didn't seem that great so he went to previcid. He was at 2.5 ml at a 5mg dose now he got bumped on Wed to 2.5ml at 7.5 mg dose. He got his first dose of the upped meds last night....it does seem to be working a little better but hopefully as the dose gets in his system (according to the pedi it can take 3 doses or 3 days) we will continue to have improvement. He is sleeping now and has been for over an hour and a half -- that is excellent for him because he normally wakes up crying about every 15 minutes during sleep.

Also, he gets 2-3 bottles of bm a day (the rest he bfs) so we put his enfacare as well at 1/4 tsp per two ounces of rice cereal in that. We just started doing this per our pedis instruction to add something for his stomach to hold on to a little better. This has seemed to help him sleep longer and take more food at one sitting -- which is good and bad. Good because he can eat less which equals more time periods where the food is completely down and not bothering him, bad because the more he takes the worse the reflux is right after.

If you find the silver bullet let me know! Reflux sucks!

• Options
    Cooper just got switched over to previced i really don't know how to spell it.So hopefully it will help.the doctor isn't worrying about him eatting more bc he is gaining weight.I also placed rice cereal in the bottles and that seems to help a little.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"