South Florida Babies

1st birthday menu

a lot goes into planning a 1st bday party (especially if you're having at least 50 ppl)!

im stumped on the menu....the party is from 12-4 (i'm guessing it will end at 4 since parties usually last this long)....

i was thinking of platters from publix which include chicken fingers, cold salads (for ex. potatoe salad, chicken salad, etc), sandwiches, chips....what else can i add to the menu? do you think this is appropriate for both kids and adults? my mom keeps telling me that i should add more filling food (like imperial rice) but im not too crazy about that....thoughts?

melb - what was your menu like, i know you had a lot of ppl?

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 1st birthday menu

• i'll only have a handful of kids - possibly 7-8 so i dont need a whole lot of food for them - my worry is the adults
  • Just as an FYI - if you are going the finger food route, Costco has amazing platters, cheap!  They have some w/ croissant sandwiches, cut into thirds... chicken finger trays, and lots of other options.

If you go w/ your mom's "more filling" route, how about lasanga (or other cheap italian platter) tray from a local italian rest. with some salad.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecocojack10:

Just as an FYI - if you are going the finger food route, Costco has amazing platters, cheap!  They have some w/ croissant sandwiches, cut into thirds... chicken finger trays, and lots of other options.

If you go w/ your mom's "more filling" route, how about lasanga (or other cheap italian platter) tray from a local italian rest. with some salad.

oh i didnt know costco had that! great tip!!! ill chk them out this wknd just to see prices! i want to avoid the italian platters --- i did pasta for mady's baptism so i feel like "been there done that" lol

• imageCesEve99:
    oh i didnt know costco had that! great tip!!! ill chk them out this wknd just to see prices! i want to avoid the italian platters --- i did pasta for mady's baptism so i feel like "been there done that" lol

Completely understand.  And then there is always the good ol' pizza option.  LOL  GL planning.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Publix makes really yummy little cuban sandwiches! We had them for my dad's last bday party!
  • We had a full on BBQ. Hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken. All grilled. Potato & Pasta Salad. Chips. Fruit Salad. We had SO much left over food it was crazy. The kids were much more interested in playing than eating and the adults did not eat as much as I expected.

I think your menu sounds fine as it is.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We had 45 adults and 12 kids.

We had pizza then we had food that people in my family made.  Croquetas, bocaditos, mini masas de puerco, mini meatballs, shrimp on a tostito with a yummy sauce and onion dip and chips.  All of it was finger food except the pizza and it was great b/c it was all home made stuff (except the pizza).  Oh and fruit. The food was all gone except the pizza we ordered 8 and had 3 left over. 

image image

• we did the bbq thing too.  we had hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad, chips and dip, all that we got at cosco, so I second that idea as well, especially for such a big croud, we had 60!  GL and remember to have FUN =]
  • We had Eli's first birthday and baptism together.  I ordered from Blue Sky - morro, pernil, imperial rice, yuca, maduros and croquetas.  This worked out great for us because the baptism ended at 3pm so everyone was pretty much ready for dinner. We had maybe 25 adults and like four kids.   I LOVE the little "Cubanitos" from Publix.  I think your menu will work.  Share what you learn about Costcos finger foods...I'm interested...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"