Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

We named our baby

I m/c naturally and didn't bring anything in for testing, so we'll never know the sex. I wasn't sure if I wanted to ever name it, but inspiration hit yesterday. When we first got our BFP, we joked that we were going to name the baby Wednesday, because we thought we had conceived on a Wednesday. I don't know why I had forgotten about that, but suddenly I remembered and it seemed perfect: it's non-gendered, it reflects our inside humor, and in a way it also captures that feeling of how short his/her little life was. Longer than a day, but sometimes it feels like that - s/he was there for a day and then gone.?

I told DH last night and he agreed. I like being able to remember the baby as something other than "it." Just thought I'd share. :)?

Re: We named our baby

• I love it! I think naming the baby really helps. You don't have be saying 'it' all the time. I'm so sorry for your loss though
  • That's great!  I didn't know the sex of my baby either (it was too early) but I've decided that it was a boy, and even that has helped in the grieving process.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so glad you named him/her... I love the name you picked! We considered August, since that was our due date month, but, as I have a Great-Grandpa named August, it seemed too gender specific!

I have found that our baby having a name has helped me so much. Hope it helps you too!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • PurpleK, just so you know I once knew a girl named August.

We picked a name this week too, since we didn't know the sex we had a hard time picking a gender neutral name.  But it does feel good to refer to our child as Reilly instead it.

• Aw, ibis, I love that idea. We found out the other day that ours was a boy, and I'm just thinking of him as "baby boy". We've always wanted a boy, so I don't want to use any of our boy names to name him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love it Ibis! although we didnt name our twins we do refer to them as the boys or twins.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"