South Florida Babies

nbr: oh how sad...

https://www.parentdish.com/2009/02/24/dying-girls-last-wish-a-wedding/

Every little girl dreams about her wedding day, complete with visions of a big beautiful white dress and, of course, the perfect man. But 9-year-old Jayla Cooper doesn?t have a lifetime to wait for Mr. Right. The Southlake, TX, girl has been battling leukemia for two years, a battle that could end in just a matter of weeks.

But what Jayla does have is a groom. He?s her best friend, Jose Griggs, a fellow patient at Children?s Medical Center in Dallas. ?He is very cute,? Jayla giggled, ?And I love him.?

Jayla and Jose recently tied the knot to fulfill her final wish: Getting married in a beautiful wedding, surrounded by family and friends.

?Will you take Jose to be your friend, forever and ever?? the pastor asked a tiara-topped Jayla.

?I will,? she replied.

?We didn?t expect to do this when she was nine years old,? said Lisa Cooper, Jayla?s mom. ?But she has taught us all how to love each other and to be strong.? The children aren?t legally married, of course. In fact, the ceremony itself celebrated their intent ? to always be friends, no matter what.

Re: nbr: oh how sad...

• That is so sad, yet nice the family put the ceremony together for her.
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • That's so sad and sweet at the same time. My bestfriend 7months old niece just got diagnose with leukemia and the prognosis is not good. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"