North Carolina Babies
Options

Still in the gray

I had my OB appointment today and my BP was up (146/87 on the machine, then 134/94 manually), 3 pounds gain in 3 days with hugely swollen ankles, calves and feet so mostly water weight. ?No protein in my urine, though so she thinks I am developing PIH - as has already been said- and they will just keep monitoring me and if I develop vision issues or pain to call them. ?

She did talk about the possibility of doing BP medicine this time, so I guess we will touch on that next week. ?I get to go every 5-7 days now. ?Yay :( ?I guess I am glad they are keeping an eye on things, but it sucks to not really know what is going on or what to do. ?Owen is good, strong heartbeat and moving around so she was happy with him. ?So, off back home for my shower and we will see what happens next week!?

Re: Still in the gray

• Options

UGH! ?I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. ?Glad the baby is doing good! ?Have they done any blood work to check any other numbers? ?When I was borderline pre-e they always checked my liver enzymes...when those got elevated was when they ended up keeping me and delivering the babies...in both pregnancies. ?But, I'm not sure what PIH is and how it compares to pre-e...but might be worth at least asking about.

I hope you feel better soon!?

• Options
    Hope everything stays o.k.  At least they are keeping a close eye on you!  Have a safe trip!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hang in there!  Enjoy your trip and your shower!  =)
  • Options
    imageMrsJones2005:

But, I'm not sure what PIH is and how it compares to pre-e...but might be worth at least asking about.

PIH is pregnancy induced hypertension, kind of like the beginning of pre-eclampsia. ?Pain in the butt is more like it.?

• Options
    I'm sorry you didn't get any definite answers, but at least the baby is doing ok.  Have a great trip this weekend! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I'm sorry you are going through all of this.  Enjoy your trip home!

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear about the PIH. :(   It's good that Owen is doing well though!
    Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"