Preemies

Robbie surgery update

The surgeon called this morning.
Turns out Robbie's hiatal hernia is back. (Stomach protrudes up into the esophagus.)

That explains why he doesn't want to eat..

So the surgery on Tuesday is now a G tube AND a hernia repair. (Re-repair.)

The bad news is that it makes the surgery much longer and we'll have to stay overnight.

The good news is that maybe now that it will be fixed, Robbie might want to eat again. We're still going to put the G tube in because there are no guarantees.. but at least there's hope.

Re: Robbie surgery update

• This is good that they caught it and that makes the outcome better.  I hope it goes well and he wakes up super quick with no pain.
  • I'm sorry that the surgery will be longer but I'm happy to hear they found a potential reason to his not eating.
  • Loading the player...
  • That's a bummer about the surgery but hopefully that is the answer to Robbi's eating problems.

At least with the G-tube you can worry a bit less if he doesn't finish all bottles, etc. 

I'll be thinking about you guys!

• Here's hoping this resolves some of Robbie's eating issues. We'll be thinking  of you. :)

Jacob 3.23.08 * Grace 7.22.09 * Eli 7.26.11 * Annabelle 1.18.14

• Yuk, I'm sorry to hear the surgery will be longer, but hopefully the doctors will be able to fix his tummy once and for all.

• Thank goodness they figured out that the hernia is back and causing problems. Hopefully repairing it will help bring back his appetite.  Hang in there lady.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I will pray that both surgeries are a success and he'll be eating again in no time!!
    Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • We're praying for Robbie and hope this is the answer so he can turn the corner on these eating issues and his wonderful mama can have some peace of mind.
  • Thanks girls. The only reason I'm really upset about the surgery taking longer is it means he's under anesthesia longer and I worry about him waking up. It took him three DAYS to wake up last time. The doc doesn't think it'll happen again, but I still worry.

And yeah. I REALLY hope he wakes up with a great appetite. That's actually what happened last time. He had just started nippling at that time and he woke up and wanted to eat everything in sight. I just hope we can hit a normal range this time.. but I do feel like for the first time, we really have some hope.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"