Missouri Babies

Follow up on the KC Board Post

I just posted on the KC board, but thought I would try here too.  Well the recession has finally made its way to our house, my company reorganized and all but 2 of my department were laid off, myself included. 

SO....if anyone has any contacts in the Event Planning/Production industry here in KC I would truly appreciate the opportunity to discuss where they see the industry right now.  I have been involved in the industry for about 4 years now, but mostly in Saint Louis, so I really need to get a good idea on what to expect here in KC. 

Thanks for listening!

Barbara

Re: Follow up on the KC Board Post

• I just wanted to say how sorry I am, Barbara.  I am in the non-profit industry and have been an event planner/fundraiser for 8 years.  Feel free to email me if you'd like to chat more about the non-profit side of things.

I also plan weddings on the side and can chat with you about that as well.  Although, I can safely say, that the wedding industry is still booming.  People are never going to stop getting married.  They might cut their wedding budgets but they will always continue to race to the altar!

shakespearenluv @ gmail (dot) com

• I'm sorry that you were hit in these already hard times. Hopefully something will turn up soon for you. Keep us updated when you find something.
    M E L I S S A My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • That's awful!!! Good luck with finding something else...I wish I had a suggestion but you are out of my field!
  • I am really sorry. That is so stressful! I hope you can find something else very soon!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks ladies for the kind words!  I will keep you posted on how things work out!
  • Have you considered doing that within the hotel industry? My husband is on the sales side, but there seem to be a lot of event planning/coordinating positions within hotels? We are relocating to KC mid April and he is transferring within his current company... something to consider?

So sorry for the loss. Best wishes

DD #1 4 years old (09/22/09)
    DD #2 2 years old (08/17/11)
    DD #3 born 08/29/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"