North Carolina Babies
Options

vitamin drops

I give Nora the tri-vi-sol? drops.  I think that's what they are called bc she is BF.  Do we have to continue with this drops until she is a year or once she starts solids?  I was going to ask the pedi at her next appointment, but wasn't sure if any of you would know.  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: vitamin drops

• Options

I believe you continue them to a year if she's BF. If she begins to be FF fed, I think you can stop them (formula has enough Vit D in it).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think it's either until they're on formula or whole milk.  I think.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We skipped them entirely.  Ben didn't like them, they stained and I wasn't going to hold him down to try and give them to him.  Sooooo - we didn't do it at all Embarrassed  He doesn't have scurvy or rickets, so I declare victory!
  • Options
    We didn't do Tri-Vi-Sol but we did give Kira Vit D drops last winter when we were basically shut-ins b/c of my breast infections.  We stopped that last spring.  IMO the main thing to be worried about past 6 months is iron, and your pedi will likely do a hemoglobin test at 9 months to make sure she's getting enough.  We've never supplemented anything but Vit D and probiotics (which we also gave her last winter) though. :)
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Options

Ben hates them too and I already have to fight him to take his reflux meds so I'm picking my battles and skipping it. Embarrassed Any one got a suggestion for yummy vitamin D drops?

• Options
    The AAP has recently changed their recommendations in that ALL children should have vitamin drops until age 3 when they can chew the gummy vitamins. This is what my pedi told us at Brooks 18 month appointment.
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"