South Florida Babies

1st bday smash cake

this sunday we're doing mady's smash cake pics...they'll be done a bit early b/c we need to add them to the invite and the invites need to go out by mid march and we need time to print etc....

the idea for the pic is mady and her smash cake with a bday balloon to add to the invitation which will be a ballerina invite.

im sort of nervous of the whole smash cake thing - b/c she'll only be 10.5 months and there's a bunch of ingredients in the smash cake

we found out that bananas can be subbed in place of eggs which is pretty cool - but what about butter? sugar? buttermilk? what did you guys do or have done to make the cake just more healthier for kids?

the party is for april 18th....should i wait a bit more for the pics so she can be a bit "older" for the smash cake? i was planning to send invites out by march 13th  --- is that too early?

sorry i sound just like a ramble machine this morning

i found this site - but im still not certain about some ingredients at her age:

https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/tipFirstBDay.htm

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 1st bday smash cake

• Do what you're comfortable with.  Personally, I don't think it's a big deal though.  What I realized at least with Alexis was that she didn't "eat" a lot of her cake. 

I was also giving her bites of foods earlier that i was "supposed" to.  

I've been giving her butter on toast and pancakes since about 8 months so that was ok.  Sugar won't hurt her you just don't want her having a lot of it b/c it's not healthy.   

image image

• for as little as she'll probably eat, i wouldn't worry too much about it. i've given Zoe whole egg and she's fine with it. That said, I don't think I'll give her cake until her birthday.
  • Loading the player...
  • When Mikey had cake for the first time it was more something cool to play with. He had no idea he could eat it. You have to do what you are comfortable with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"