Houston Babies
Options

Help me with my "mom haircut"

Of course, I don't actually want a "mom" cut, but Marion has entered the all too lovely hair pulling phase and I'm sure she won't outgrow it any time soon.

Right now, my hair is long and relatively unstyled.  99.9% of the time, it's in a ponytail.

Should I keep it long and able to be pulled back into a ponytail, but add some bangs or layers or something just so I don't always look like I'm heading to work out

-or-

Do I chop it all off and go for something cute and sassy that can't be pulled back, but would be short enough to avoid her little grasping hands.

(And I have no emotional attachment to my hair, so chopping it all off isn't a big deal to me.)

Re: Help me with my "mom haircut"

• Options
    Chop it! I did it when Natalie was a couple months old and I LOVE it. Honestly, it's nice to not have the option to pull it back, because I would end up doing it everyday (which I don't want to). All I do is dry it and run the flat iron through it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just remember - no matter how short you go, sometimes those little fingers can still figure it out!
  • Options
    Chop it!! I just chopped all mine off last weekend and I love it. It was constantly in a pony tail too and it was driving me nuts. So now it's really short and I absolutely love how easy it is to take care of and how fast I can "style" it. Which really it doesn't need too much styling. 
  • Options
    Will the ladies who have chopped please post pics?  I have seen TxSmith's hair, but I want to get some more ideas.  I am going for a chop tomorrow.
    imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
  • Options

imageTexasSmith:
    Chop it! I did it when Natalie was a couple months old and I LOVE it. Honestly, it's nice to not have the option to pull it back, because I would end up doing it everyday (which I don't want to). All I do is dry it and run the flat iron through it.

ditto this - when it's short, you HAVE to do it everyday - but it's short, so it only takes 5 minutes, and afterwards, you will feel great all day b/c your hair feels good!  ;-)

• Options

I so want to chop mine but I think DH would cry. Not that I would hold off on it because of that, just that I take it into consideration. 

I did this one summer years back and I loved it.  I even added some really cool red and violet higlights.  The best part?  I never had to dry it.  I just ran some product thought it post shower and I was done.  I for one am not looking forward to a dryer or flat iron this summer. 

• Options

You guys have 5 minutes after your shower to style your hair? 

I keep mine long and just do different ways of pulling it back.  It takes me no time at all and I don't have the time restriction of doing my hair right after the shower.  It would never get done and my hair looks craptastic when it's short and I don't blowdry it or anything.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

short hair for me has always been way more hard work than long hair. i never had a short hair cut that only took 5 minutes to style and i have had my hair *a lot* of different ways. i think short is a lot harder and i definitely dont think it would solve yoru problem. 

you would literally have to shave you head for marion to not be able to pull your hair. ask my DH, who has just enough hair on top that little T could wrap those baby fingers around and pull. ray had his hair pulled way more than i ever did and i think it's b/c my hair was always back and pretty much out of the way.

• Options

I really need to get my haircut. I got it cut for our family pics last month but it's already too long again. Boo.

My problem with longer hair is that my hair is SO thin and fine, that it just ends up looking flat and stringy when it's long. I shower and get dressed before DH leaves for work, so he is able to help wrangle Natalie while I'm getting ready (although she's pretty content to just play with stuff in our room). Short is definitely way easier than long for me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I cut mine a ways back and hated it.  Like told my best friend that if I ever think of doing it again to stop me.  (of course, I am thinking of it now but keep reminding myself of this). 

I had to do it...  and with a baby it was just so hard...  and now, yes, I do wear it back most of the time but ... that is far easier than short.  :)  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"