Nurseries and Baby Gear

stationary or drop side crib?

What's better?  I was thinking drop side, but when I saw some reviews online, people were saying the drop sides were shaky.  Can you get a convertable crib with a drop side?

Re: stationary or drop side crib?

• I had the same question.  I am only 5'1 and everyone told me it'd be really hard for me w/out a drop side. Also, all the reviews for the crib I'm getting (Da Vinci Roxanne) say that it's super sturdy so I'm not worried about it for that. And yes, it's a convertable one, so they do make them in drop side.
  • I'm 5'2 and have a stationary crib. ?I don't think I'll have any problems when the crib is lowered. ?Plus, by the time the crib mattress is dropped down, your LO will probably be reaching up for you to pick them up!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 5"1 and before I was pregnant I was putting my friends one year old in her crib to take a nap, she was already sleeping and I almost dropped her in the bed because the bed was in the lowest spot. After that I decided I would not get a stationary crib.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would get a dropside.

I am 5'7" and still have to drop the side when I lay my son down in the crib if he is asleep.  If I don't, I practically drop him.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"