Stay at Home Moms

POLL: Monthly food spending

Only taking into account food stuffs: groceries, eating out, lunch at work, morning coffee (not paper products, toiletries or anything like that... just stuff you eat!!!)...
[Poll]

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

Re: POLL: Monthly food spending

• We used to probably spend over $600 per month just for the two of us. Once I became a SAHW I started being really careful and working hard to get our costs down. Now we spend about $300 per month. I have to buy all off brand and cook basically everything from scratch, but it's actually kind of fun to see how low I can get things to be!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We eat an all organic diet which can run us about $400 a month but we also shop for a family of four to get used to the budget and all. We also eat out 2-3 times a week so we end up spending about $500-$600 a month total for all food and drinks.
  • Loading the player...
  • We're a family of three that eats mostly organic.  We try to limit our eating out to once a week and we average about $100 a week for everything.
  • 4 of us--over $800...groceries would be over $600 & we eat out a lot.
    AKA Carol*Brady! IHO my upcoming 10yr Nestiversary--Back to old screenname. My own Marsha, Jan & Cindy... imageDesigning a Life Blog
  • We are a family of 3, who eats all organic when eating at home.  We spend about $75/week.  It is hard; but we make it work:)
  • We don't specifically do organic unless it's on sale, but I do avoid HFCS and trans fats in everything.  Unless, of course, I've got raging pms and the only thing that will cure it is a coke and potato chips Devil

We tend to only eat out once or twice a week now, but that's kid related, not $ related.  I just don't like having to deal with the kid in restaurants; she does fine, I just get annoyed having to entertain her and try to eat at the same time.  When my parents visit though, Hubster and I will take advantage of their free babysitting services and I'll meet him out for lunch and we'll go out to dinner almost every other night.  

• It is hard to believe but we actually spend around 600.  We are three, but, we try to eat mostly organic and we keep  kosher.  Kosher meat and cheese are at least double regular.  Nothing really to do about it.  I make most things from scratch and buy  loose and in bulk....
  • For the 2 of us I like to spend around $250, that is our budget for groceries, but we usually end up at about $300.  I despise eating out and we are so notorious for getting lazy and grabbing fast food which can add up to $100-$150 extra per month, but now that I'm home for good I'd like to have that drop a lot since I'll have more time to cook decent dinners.  So my goal is no more than $50 a month on eating out.
    Booze, it's what's for dinner imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"