Preemies

How much formula/milk for 1 year old?

Hey Guys!

Campbell is still not drinking nearly as much formula as she used to and some days she's not eating very much either.  She has had a little cold and is teething so I'm not terribly worried but was wondering if anyone's pediatrician had given them guidelines for how much milk or formula a baby should be drinking per day at around a year old.  I forgot to ask at her 1 year appointment.  Right now she's averaging between 12 and 16 ounces per day and eating 3 solid meals plus a snack.

Thanks!

Martha

Re: How much formula/milk for 1 year old?

• I think it's about 16oz :)
    Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • That's what I thought.  Usually we can get 16 into her but she's really been not wanting it lately unless she wakes up in the middle of the night and she'll take up to 5-6 ounces then but who wants to wake up every night at 2 am?

We tried mixing in whole milk (against her pediatrician's directions, but oh well) and she liked it and drank more but then spit it all up.  I guess that's what I get for going against his recommendation...

• Loading the player...
  • Our pedi suggested 16 oz as well.  He also takes juice and water.  He also has 3 solid meals and usually 2 snacks.  He loves to eat! 
  • If she has problems with the milk proteins can you try goat's milk?
    Are you just giving it to her in bottles or in sippies too? E's favorite thing is the straw and she could drink out of it all day, it's hard though because I can't really give her a sippy of formula to walk around with since it goes bad so quickly.
    Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"