Secondary IF

if you take clomid at night...

Do you take it the evening of the day your supposed to or the night before?? I like to take my clomid at night to limit the side effects that I feel, but I normally get AF at night too so I count it on the next day as day one, and then take the clomid the night of day 2 (I'm supposed to take it days 3-7) Does that make sense? So I basically take it right when day 3 starts. Well this cycle, AF came right in the middle of the day. Should I take it evening of day 2 or evening of 3??

Re: if you take clomid at night...

• When I was on clomid I took it in the evening too because I got such bad side effects.  They told me to start on the evening of day three, but I have heard so many different stories there too. 
    Alyssa born 6/14/05 at 8 lbs 2oz - Ashley born 3/27/10 at 6 lbs 13oz
    We had 2 years of IF trying to conceive #2 and one loss during that time. We are currently trying for #3! had another loss the end of June
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Wow, that could get confusing!

I always took it the night of day 3 regardess of when AF started. 

• Loading the player...
  • I always counted day 1 as the day that AF arrived, even if it arrived at night (if I saw it before I went to bed...if I didnt see anything until the AM then I counted the AM as day 1). So if I was taking it days 3-7, and AF arrived on say Saturday anytime before I went to bed, then I would take my first Clomid dose on Monday at night (I always took it at night too, RE told me to take it that way).
  • They answered your question for you, but I was wondering how you were.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • The night of day 3. As my RE explained it...your day can run from 3:00 pm -3:00 pm...it doesn't have to be a 12:00-12:00 kind of day.  (e.g. if AF starts at full flow at 3:00 p.m.....that's technically day one until the next day at 3:00).  Wayyy more info than you asked for, right?
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • imageSweetieP:
    The night of day 3. As my RE explained it...your day can run from 3:00 pm -3:00 pm...it doesn't have to be a 12:00-12:00 kind of day.? (e.g. if AF starts at full flow at 3:00 p.m.....that's technically day one until the next day at 3:00).? Wayyy more info than you asked for, right?

?

Actually this was my exact thinking. I just got a bit confused when it started at a different time. Totally makes sense now the way you've explained it. So I will start on the night of day 3 since day 3 really goes into day 4...now I get it, thanks to all replies!?

• image*francisca*:
    They answered your question for you, but I was wondering how you were.

?

I'm actually fine now. Honestly I just turn into a complete nut during the 2 ww, then once it's over and know, I'm fine. It's the not knowing that drives me nuts. If it works this time, they will be exactly 2 years apart. That is still good timing. ?

• It actually honestly does't matter. I've taken it cd 1-5, 2-6, 3-7 and others take it 5-9.  I had better luck taking it early.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can't take it at night anyways, b/c it gives me insomnia, but I really don't think it matters when you start it, honestly- like pp said, dr's tell people to take it on a variety of days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"