Blended Families

Finally he sees the light

So last week I was complaining about my hubby never standing up to his ex, well hardly ever standing up to his ex anyways. I'm sorry that most of you have a similar issue, but I was happy to hear I wasn't alone in the world of Crazy X's!

Anyways, this week, my hubby has decided to file for change of custody and we have an amazing lawyer to help us! Right now we are in the midst of tracking down his little girl because BM took off with her and left the state. Also on the list of things to file, return of child motion. Thank goodness for private investigators!

Crazy better look out because we are coming after her! Let's hope the legal system gives a dad a fair chance to raise his baby in a stable home environment! 

Re: Finally he sees the light

• That's great to hear...My husband would never stand up to his ex neither and 1 day I told him to grow a set and stand up to her and he finally did.  BM better look out, it's illegal to take a child out of the state without the other parents consent. 
  • imageedbetsy1:
    That's great to hear...My husband would never stand up to his ex neither and 1 day I told him to grow a set and stand up to her and he finally did.  BM better look out, it's illegal to take a child out of the state without the other parents consent. 

It's ridiculous how many men are just babies when it comes to women! It is illegal to take a child out of the state without the other parent's consent but BM thought she could get away with is since my husband is deployed. That's right, my husband is deployed with the military fighting for our freedoms and his ex snatches his kid and disappears. INCREDIBLE! 

• Loading the player...
  • I'am pretty sure if ur husband was home, she would not have done that..but I'am glad he stood up for what's right.
  • My husband would never stand up to BM either.  Drove me nuts.  They were never married and when they split he didn't have a CO spelling out visitation so it was at her whim. 

She would tell him if you want to see your son you have to do X, Y, Z first and he would just do it because he missed his son so badly. 

When I came into the picture I talked him into getting visitation CO that way she couldn't use their son as leverage to get more $ out of my husband.

Funny she told my husband the other day that ever since he has been with me he has become a real a$$.  No honey he just finally put you in your place!

• imageRAN070508:

Funny she told my husband the other day that ever since he has been with me he has become a real a$$.  No honey he just finally put you in your place!

Oh that's funny, I heard something similar, but it was more like he was never mean to her before I came along and now he's just doing whatever I tell him too and I'm trying to ruin their relationship...not quite right (and hello they were divorced before I met him!), he just finally stood up for what was right because he had the support he needed!

• Can't you look into parental kidnapping charges? 
  • imagetaagent:
    Can't you look into parental kidnapping charges? 

Well our lawyer gave BM a 30 day warning to bring her home and we were hoping that would be all it took. We should have known better because we're not dealing with a woman who has a full deck of cards here! She thinks since my husband is deployed that he wouldn't be able to follow thru with anything. Too bad for her, I have power of attorney and can file away in his absense. So now our lawyer has to file a return of child motion where a judge will court order BM to bring the minor child home, if at that time BM does not then a warrant for her arrest gets issued for kidnapping and contempt of court.

• Wow! My DH was the same way when we first started dating - I said the same thing: You need to grow a pair! She's not the boss! WTH is wrong with you??

Most recently BM also started telling the boys that DH has changed because of "ME"...the youngest yelled that at DH the other day and DH said "You know what son? You're right, I have changed but it's for the better - I stand up for myself now and I don't let anyone walk all over me...we love each other very much and I'm so thankful for your step-mom" His son didn't really know what to say to that but I'm glad DH said it - if BM is going to pump lies into their heads they can darn well hear the truth from DH.

• Good luck! I hope y'all succeed at getting custody.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"