Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Sorry TMI but anyone know what I can do for DS's diarrhea?

He's had diarrhea for 6 days now (poor baby).  I called the pedi on Monday and they said that they won't be concerned unless he's had it for 2 weeks!  WTF???  I've been giving him Pedialyte and juice/water to keep him hydrated, but it seems like those are just prolonging the diarrhea (within 10 minutes of drinking his fluids, he has the poops).  I've been trying to nurse him more often, but my supply has tanked since I was horribly sick this weekend as well (I'm working on building it back up).  Also, he is refusing most solids, but I did get him to eat some food yesterday......yet he still had diarrhea today.  Any advice?  His birthday is on Friday and I would hate for him to be sick!  Sorry so long.........sigh.

Re: Sorry TMI but anyone know what I can do for DS's diarrhea?

• Options
    Do the BRAT diet for today, its banana, rice cereal, applesauce and toast. Usually works :)
  • Options
    Bananas, rice, toast, and potato are binding. Stay away from sweet pototo, pears, prunes, squash, blueberry and watermelon...Let his bum air out after a bm to avoid diaper rash and cover him with desitin or triple paste if it's red. ouchie.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies, but I've tried all of that!  He is refusing to eat.  He just pushes the food off of his plate.  Yesterday I was literally pushing the toast into his mouth just to get him to eat a little bit of something.
  • Options
    Try yogurt. It's fairly mild (no chewing) and the good bacteria in it helps to stop diarrhea. Good luck. Poor little guy!
  • Options
    Thank you!  I did give him some yogurt this morning.  I'll give him some more a little later for a snack and see if that helps.  Thanks again!
  • Options
    I second yogurt. If that doesn't work, you can buy probiotic powder and put it in a bottle.
  • Options

imagerlthomas7:
    If that doesn't work, you can buy probiotic powder and put it in a bottle.

Thanks!  I didn't know that.

• Options

My DD was the ssme way for 7 days the doctor finally suggested us giving her Similac Isomil DF for Diarhea and it really did help her. I strickly was nursing and she was going more than I was getting in to her. They also said after you nurse give your DC pedialyte after. They suggested white grape juice since it doesn't promote diarhea. Hope it helps.

Heather

DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"