Birth Stories

Delivery in Ohio

Anyone here deliver in a Central (columbus) ohio Hospital?

I'm wondering specifically about the new Dublin Hospital!

Re: Delivery in Ohio

• I live in dublin, but I'm not due until May.  That said, we are still delivering at Riverside.  My doctor gave us the option of either dublin or Riverside, but we are going with riverside, b/c supposedly they are "better equipped" for complications - God forbid we have any!  I think they have a level 3 nursery vs a level 2.....but I'm not really sure.
  • Thanks!!

I'm planning to deliver at St. Anns...my Dr. Would do St. Anns or Riverside and my brother and his fiance just had a baby a week ago and had many issues with Riverside and false alarms so they  ended up  delivering at OSU.

(Not to alarm you!)

Well you're right..I hope you don't need their know how, and equipment for complications.  But it's better safe than sorry.

• Loading the player...
  • I've heard great things about Riverside and OSU.  I had a bad experience with Mount Carmel West.  I will be delivering at OSU.  I haven't delivered yet, but I've had to go in to L&D a couple of times and they were great.  I'm from Grove City too!!
  • I work in a nursing home, and we have many patients who go to Dublin Hospital and they all have great reviews. ?I do not know much about the maternity ward specifically, but the response about the hospital overall that I have heard has been very positive.

?

• We live in Grove City and had both babies at Mount Carmel West with no problems.
    Debbie - Mommy to Clayton William 5-3-05, Laurian Lynn 3-6-08
  • I am delivering at Riverside, which is where my doctor's office is located so she only delivers out of there. They are one of the best labor and delivery hospitals becuase outside of Children's Hospital, they are the only around (that I know of) that have a NICU. 

The Dublin hospital is fairly new, and they are trying to stir up a "business" or traffic through there because right now it is still kind of empty. I have heard that the rooms are gorgeous and whatnot, so it is just up to you and what you are looking for. Both Riverside and Dublin Meth. Hospital are operated by OhioHealth...

Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ok, so I am replying way late into your post, sorry! I originally was going to choose St. Ann's because it is close to our house, but my OB only delivers at Dublin now, so we had to go there.

I delivered DS in September at the new Dublin Hospital. It was great! I had to visit once during pregnancy due to chest pain. I was immediately brought up to L&D and evaluated. All the nurses were very nice and helpful. It was very quick, yet thorough.

My water broke around 2:30am, and I went to the ER at Dublin Hosp. about 4am. I was brought right up to L&D, evaluated, and taken to a delivery room. The hospital is not very busy yet, so 3 nurses helped me get settled into the room. They were so nice! After i delivered, I was moved to the postpartum floor just down the hall. The room is huge with a very nice bathroom. The couch pulls out into a bed for DH. There is also a rocking chair. A TV with free internet access is in each room. Meals are by "room service." You call the kitchen, tell them what you want, and they bring it up whenever you want it. There is also a kitchen on the floor with snack foods.

I had a great experience, and even though I live in Sunbury (north of Polaris) I would go back to the hospital any time!

• I am delivering at Riverside.  We heard the same thing...that they are better equipped for complications.  We just moved here last year, so had not been anywhere yet.  I did have a scare earlier in my pregnancy, went to Riverside, and they were great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"