Blended Families

Funny Story for Your Evening

My SDs were with us this past weekend (4 & 6).  I was on the computer while they were playing.  They were somewhat cranky and were starting to fight a lot.  The oldest seems to really boss her younger sister around.  I couldn't see what they were doing, but I kept a ear out.  Several times I heard the oldest get really bossy with her younger sister.  She told her if she didn't do what she wanted her to do that she wasn't going to give her doll back to her...EVER.  I let it go for a while and a few times I would chime in and say that "I didn't like how they were talking to eachother and that they needed to play nice together or they would have to play by themselves."  The last straw came when the eldest grabbed something from the youngest, the youngest ran after her and hit her and a small childish fight ensued.  I decided it was time for a time out.  So, they both got a time out for 4 minutes (I didn't really follow the age-minute rule as they were both together).  So, after 4 minutes, I went over to them and I asked them if they understood why they got a time out and to please say "sorry" to the other and then they could go play.  The youngest promptly apologized.  So I turned to the oldest and asked her to apologize to her younger sister.  To which she replied "well.....can you apologize to us for putting us on a time out?"  Dude....kids really say the freaking funniest things.  It was all that I could do not to laugh!

Re: Funny Story for Your Evening

• Ha ha! Yeah, at 4 years old it starts to get more difficult punishing them. Whenever I punish my son he always says "Well that wasn't very nice of you mommy." But we just tell him as parents it is our job to make sure he learns to grow up to be a nice & smart boy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • BWAH!!! Those kids are so sharp!  hahhaa.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"