Baby Showers

Invite + Guest?

Should I expect someone who I invite as a single to bring a guest?  Do I put "and Guest" on the invite?  My shower is going to be a female-only event (we aren't even sure if DH will be able to attend with his work schedule), but that doesn't mean they can't show up with a friend...or a guy (since I won't be putting "females only").  I know they will feel really stupid if it's females only though...especially if my DH isn't even there. lol

Just want to be prepared...I'm not totally opposed to it, I'm pretty easy going...but I'm sure my mother wants to prepare enough food, have enough favors, etc.

Re: Invite + Guest?

• I would not put and guest on a shower invitation.  People normally don't bring guests.  The only exception to the rule is if you are inviting someone who is elderly and needs someone to bring them to the shower (like a grandma or great-aunt)

• Thanks, I didn't think you did, just wanted to make sure.  Maybe they'll just have extra favors on hand and plenty of food. The only thing I am in charge of is invites (my mom wanted me to choose them + provide a guest list) so I wanted to be sure.

• Loading the player...
  • Showers are by person invite, there is no option for "and guest". Most guys dont want to attend a shower anyway!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"