2nd Trimester

Pottery Barn Type chairs

I don't want a typical "glider", but something more like the upholstered rocking chairs at PB...but not that expensive! Anyone have a good online source for something cute and affordable like that?

Re: Pottery Barn Type chairs

• I'm looking for the exact same thing.  I'm starting to look at furniture stores in my area.  But I'm looking forward to seeing other responses too!
  • I've seen some at Babies r us. If we are thinking of the same thing? Try there
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I think walmart has them... if I am thinking of the same thing.

https://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5854897?

• Target has an upholstered chair line. Not sure whether any are rockers, but worth checking.

I'd also look at Lazyboy, JC Penny, and Costco. Seems like something they'd have. Land of Nod probably has them, although they probably cost the same as PBK.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was looking for something like that too. Then when I started looking, I realized that the big old ugly recliners were sooooo comfortable.  It's not going to match my 'vision' of what I wanted exactly, but I'm going to love having a place to crash in baby's room!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lyla Margaret , June 7, 2009 Tavis Tutty, January 5, 2012
  • https://www.healthchecksystems.com/shermag_products.htm This is the best deal I have found.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    IMG_0173.11
    Trying for #2 since July 2010
    BFP 8/1/10, missed m/c, D&C 9/15/10.
    BFP 1/8/11, chemical pregnancy.
    BFP 3/4/11, measured behind all along, no more HB 4/18/11. D&C 4/29/11. HCG didn't drop, Repeat D&C 6/17/11; confirmed molar pregnancy 6/23/11.
    Forced break, including two Hysteroscopies in October to remove retained tissue.
    BFP 12/29/11! Betas @ 10 dpo = 85, 14 dpo= 498, 22 dpo = 7242
    Heard HB 1/24/12. 144 bpm!

Luca Rose born 9/9/12! More than worth the wait!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Although we are on a budget we will be splurging on the PB upholstered glider b/c it is classic enough that we can use it anywhere in the house after the babies grow up. I can stand spending $700 on something that will last and I will use for years to come.
  • Do you have a PB outlet in your area?  Ours is great and you can find things for almost 70% off retail. Try the outlets or PB website to find out if there is one nearby.

Ours will look for merchandise if you call ahead with a model name.

• imageksayles:
    Although we are on a budget we will be splurging on the PB upholstered glider b/c it is classic enough that we can use it anywhere in the house after the babies grow up. I can stand spending $700 on something that will last and I will use for years to come.

You know that is true.  Our other furniture in the nursery is fairly cheap so I could probably justify it.  All the other ones I've seen so far just seem so ugly/cheap looking and they're still $300-400! Are you getting that $700 Eco one? B/c some are way more than that! Are you just doing the chair, not ottoman? I am wondering if I NEED the ottoman... 

• hmm the fabric is separate... another $199 +
  • imageJCM052707:

imageksayles:
    Although we are on a budget we will be splurging on the PB upholstered glider b/c it is classic enough that we can use it anywhere in the house after the babies grow up. I can stand spending $700 on something that will last and I will use for years to come.

You know that is true.  Our other furniture in the nursery is fairly cheap so I could probably justify it.  All the other ones I've seen so far just seem so ugly/cheap looking and they're still $300-400! Are you getting that $700 Eco one? B/c some are way more than that! Are you just doing the chair, not ottoman? I am wondering if I NEED the ottoman... 

We are buying the eco glider. I tried tons of other ones and I just don't want to buy something that is uncomfortable or that will end up squeaking later on just to save a few bucks. 

The slipcover is additional but I figure that if I can take something off and wash it, its worth the extra too!

• imageksayles:
    imageJCM052707:

imageksayles:

We are buying the eco glider. I tried tons of other ones and I just don't want to buy something that is uncomfortable or that will end up squeaking later on just to save a few bucks. 

The slipcover is additional but I figure that if I can take something off and wash it, its worth the extra too!

That's a really good point. W/ 3 dogs that is a nice feature and I could totally see using that in my living room or bedroom long after the baby stage.  Hmmm so almost $1000 including tax and delivery, if not more I'm sure... Now to convince DH... 

• I love the look of the PB gliders too - but when I went to the store to try them out, I found they weren't comfortable for me. One had a lower back and I couldn't rest my head against it, and one had the arms high enough that I though breast feeding in it may be uncomfortable.

Obviously, very personal choice - my only recommendation is to try it out for yourselves before buying.

• imageJCM052707:
    imageksayles:
    imageJCM052707:

imageksayles:

That's a really good point. W/ 3 dogs that is a nice feature and I could totally see using that in my living room or bedroom long after the baby stage.  Hmmm so almost $1000 including tax and delivery, if not more I'm sure... Now to convince DH... 

DH and I decided to cut back on other things that we may not need until the little one is 6 mos or so. Plus my parents are buying our crib so that freed up a lot!

• imageForForever:

I think walmart has them... if I am thinking of the same thing.

https://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5854897 

Wow! This is a really good knock-off of the PB upholstered rocker.  I wonder how comfortable it is???

One word of caution:  I wanted the PB rocker not the glider because I like the rocking motion better than the gliding motion.  I got the rocker home and instantly wished I would have gone with the glider.  We have carpet in the baby's room and the rocker doesn't work all that well on the carpet.  I feel like I really have to push hard to get the rocker to move.  I didn't get the ottoman, but I'm thinking about getting the matching ottoman or some sort of step stool for a bit more leverage which should ease the amount of pushing I have to do to get the rocker to move on the carpet.  The glider would have been an easier/better option.

We did purchase an upholstered glider from Room & Board for our family room (DH insisted), and it's pretty comfortable, but honestly the swivel/glider mechanism feels a bit rickety.  I'm not sure how long it's going to work before the thing is starts wobbling on the frame.  It also kinda makes popping sounds if you glide too far or lean from one side to the other.  Only time will tell whether or not it was worth the $700+ for the Room & Board glider?

• We just ordered a Best Chair. bestchairs.com The Storytime collection has rockers and recliners. We got the TRYP rocker/recliner for $500 with tax. They have a TON of fabrics to choose from.
  • Best Chairs?

I'm buying one from a nestie, actually.

• montedesign.net

They are expensive but custom ordered in exact fabric and color you want plus can be used anywhere and everywhere...  not just in a nursery!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"