Special Needs

Fertility / Pregnancy after pituitary surgery / removal

Hello ladies -

I am writing this for a friend of mine.  She is a young woman (23) getting married this October.  She and her DH want to have children in the future. She just received some scary news from the doctor.  She had some extensive thyroid testing done to check for dysfunction.  Her thyroid is quite enlarged, but they are more concerned with other hormone and chemical levels in her blood.  They believe she has a pituitary tumor (most likely non-cancerous).  Her MRI should be later next week.

Does/did anyone here have pituitary surgery or know anyone that did?  What treatment methods were used?  Did you / were you able to become pregnant afterwards (if you wanted to)?  What were your fertility options / medications?

I know I have very limited information to offer right now - and that medical and fertility situations differ from individual to individual.  But she's really scared and I would like to try to ease her mind if I can.

Thanks for any info you can pass along

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fertility / Pregnancy after pituitary surgery / removal

• You should post this on Trouble TTC. I don't think most of us here are dealing with fertility issues (well, not at the moment).
  • imageamajane:
    You should post this on Trouble TTC. I don't think most of us here are dealing with fertility issues (well, not at the moment).

Sorry - I misinterpreted the title of the board.  I don't want to DD, so I guess I will just leave it here.  Sorry again

• Loading the player...
  • I have experience with this. Email me if you'd like: houston 135 at yahoo.
    Connor James Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"