Pregnant after 35

help- very confused and frustrated

So I went back for beta #4 today and my number went from 616 on Tues to 1881 today.  The nurse said to come in on Tues for another beta!!  This will be my 5th one!!  I can't help but wonder if something is wrong.  The nurse said they like to see the # at 5,000+ or hit the 6 week mark before scheduling an u/s.  My 6 week mark is Wednesday---no u/s scheduled.  I am so confused and frustrated.  I feel like I can't just get on with my pregnancy b/c there is this sneaking suspicion in the back of my head that something is not right.

Anyone else have such low #s??  I am 21 dpo today.

I need to go home---can't concentrate at work anymore~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: help- very confused and frustrated

• I'm sorry - I haven't had experience with what you're discussing,  but can you get your doctor on the phone and press him/her about it?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers image
  • Left Hug  I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this frustration.  I agree with pp -- put in a call to your dr and talk with the dr's assistant or the dr to find out what is going on. 

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Loading the player...
  • Hi!  I know I had a low number at my 5 week mark it was around 975 so 1881 sounds good to me.  I did not see a real jump in numbers until I hit 6 weeks and than it started to climb.  You are in my thoughts today and I am sending you lots of positive thoughts!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I would agree to call the dr. That might allow you to understand why they are looking for such a high number. I had IVF so I had a sono every week, and I only had 3 Betas. GL- I hope you get some answers!
  • I'm so sorry you're going through this. I have no idea what all the beta numbers mean, but maybe they meant they would schedule the u/s at 6 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"