Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Had a bottle-washing mishap last night

I stuck 6 out of 9 of my bottles in the dishwasher last night to save me the trouble of handwashing... BIG MISTAKE!

i put two bottle caps inside also, which i second guessed at the time, but decided they should be okay.  well, those two caps fell to the bottom and melted!

now 6 of my bottles/nipples smell like burnt plastic and it wont go away!

This is harmful to my baby right? I've been rotating the 3 that weren't put into the wash, and dh is buying new bottles on the way home, but I feel so stupid and awful.  Is there hope for those 6 bottles? or is the smell of the burnt plastic harmful?

Re: Had a bottle-washing mishap last night

• I always run my bottles, nipples and lids through the dishwasher with no problems.  What kind of bottles were you using?
    Stasa 01.15.09 * Lexi 03.24.11 * Tommy 04.27.13 * Merklet #4 due 10.10.15

BLOG    THE BABY STANDARD    FLICKR    VIDEOS

• I probably wouldn't use those bottles. But on a side note, I run all mine thru the dishwasher with out any problem. I would recommend getting a basket to put the nipples, caps and rings in so that they don't land in the bottom of the dishwasher again, though.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageanniya77:
    I probably wouldn't use those bottles. But on a side note, I run all mine thru the dishwasher with out any problem. I would recommend getting a basket to put the nipples, caps and rings in so that they don't land in the bottom of the dishwasher again, though.

Yup, the basket is fantastic!  Target sells one for about $4 and it has a spot on top for the nipples so they stand up and get really clean.  All the other parts go in the basket so they can't fall down.  I feel like my bottles get a lot cleaner in the dishwasher than I can get them by hand.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I use Dr.Brown bottles, everything stayed in place except for the two caps... I know I should have gotten the Dr.Brown dishwasher caddy, but I usually handwash so I didn't buy it.  I guess that investment would have been worth the 6 bottles that are now trash.  =(
  • imagestephanne:
    I use Dr.Brown bottles, everything stayed in place except for the two caps... I know I should have gotten the Dr.Brown dishwasher caddy, but I usually handwash so I didn't buy it.? I guess that investment would have been worth the 6 bottles that are now trash.? =(

Don't bother with the Dr Brown's basket! ?It only holds the stuff for 3 bottles! ?Get the cheap-o Munchkin basket from Target PP is talking about. ?It has a pretty big compartment you can just throw everything in with a place on top for nipples. ?It even has an attachment for sippy straws later. =)?

• Ditto the Dr Browns basket. It's a waste-- you can stand the tubies up in the munchikin basket no problem.

ON a side note, if you use the Medelea bottles, DO NOT wash them near anything with tomato sauce. It'll turn them pink. Yeah. I did this.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"