D.C. Area Babies
Options

First haircut

Where did you take your baby?  A regular salon or a special kids place?  How old was your child?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: First haircut

• Options

I cut his hair myself.  He has had 4 haircuts in the last 5 months though, so taking him somewhere would have been crazy. :)

I'm planning on just taking him to Hair Cuttery for his first official haircut (before his 1st birthday).  I don't know of any kids places around here, but I haven't really looked either.

Oh, and I cut his hair at 4 months, 6 months, 8 months, and last night.

• Options

I took DD to Cartoon Cuts at Tysons for her first cut at 18 months. With tip it was $20.  We've been back once more.  They do an ok job but she was just miserable.  No amount of bubbles or Dora DVDs would have made her feel better.  As a result, I may just take her to a regular stylist - closer and easier for mommy! 

If you go to Cartoon Cuts, I've heard bad things about the one in Springfield Mall.  The ones at Tysons and Fair Oaks have decent reputaions. FYI.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We did one of those special kids places too just after she was one year old, but she threw a fit and was miserable.  The stylist also didn't want me to hold her for it because according to her she would want that every time then.  But she was trying to calm her down and I had to just tell the stylist to just cut her bangs or we were leaving because she wasn't going to calm down for a toy.  It was a miserable experience.

Now I just cut her bangs myself while DH holds her and distracts her.  It doesn't always look great but it'll grow back and it's better than paying for a complete meltdown at the haircut place.

• Options
    I cut dd's hair myself - she's 2. ?Bangs and trim the back. ?I think it looks ok. ?DH thinks she has a mullet (she kind of does). ?But I'm not ready to shell out the $ for a pro to do it. ?I realize it will soon be necessary.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"