Philadelphia Babies

Abington Memorial Hospital-Pediatrician Recs.

I need to pick my pediatrician for my hospital registration by the end of this month.  DH and I know we will be moving within a year but we stil need to pick someone in the area we live in now.  I wanted to know how everyone has gone about picking their doctor and what questions you asked (if any) prior to selecting that particular doctor.  I would like to select a doctor that works with Abington Memorial since that is where I am delivering.

Thank you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Abington Memorial Hospital-Pediatrician Recs.

• We love our pedi. Im not sure if he is affiliated with Abington, you can call them and find out. We see Dr. Jaffe at Tri-county peds. They are also affiliated with CHOP and St. Chris which was important to me. They have 5 or 6 offices that the doctors rotate at. We go to the Southampton location. We have dealt with 4 of the doctors and loved them, however we had a very bad experience with the nurse practicioner (spelling?). Dr. Jaffe is amazing with my little guy!
  • UGH! I am doing it too. Why do you have to pick by the end of this week? I am 26 weeks along and still haven't sent in the pre-registration paperwork. I'm putting it off because I want to find a ped. that is supportive of altered immunization schedules.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJ-fo:
    UGH! I am doing it too. Why do you have to pick by the end of this week? I am 26 weeks along and still haven't sent in the pre-registration paperwork. I'm putting it off because I want to find a ped. that is supportive of altered immunization schedules.

I thought the pre-reg forms were due 5 months prior to the due date.  Even if it is 4 months I still need to pick sooner or later.  I am working on my last semester at Rider and I need to focus on finishing that right now so I am trying to pick my ped before things get crazy with school.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love, love, love Dr. Sharon Corcoran with Kid's First Flourtown. If you decide to use Kid's First, there are tons of locations - even down the shore.  They are the CHOP pediatrics offices, so you have the benefit of being in that system (worked out well the other day when I needed to take Jack to CHOP dermatology and needed an appt. asap).  she is also very good with my delayed/alternative vaccination schedule.  Good luck!
  • MuckDiva, I asked the OB if it was a problem if I got the pre-reg. paperwork in late and they said I could wait as long as I wanted. It is great that you are getting it in as soon as you can. Good luck with school! Also, I checked and Kids First that Kat mentioned is on the list of Dr's that are affiliated with Abington too!

Kat, Thank you for the recommendation!

• We LOVE Abington Pediatrics- all of the doctors are great, the phone nurses are awesome.  We love everything about them.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • DD"s pedi is Pediatric Care Group.  They have privileges at AMH and Holy Redeemer.  Their office is right near Old York and Township Line.  I really like Dr. Carrier.  Dr. Mahoney is also very nice.  I saw Dr. Mundell in the hospital and she said something to me that really offended me and will not see her again if I can avoid it (she told me DD looked like she was "starving" at 3 days old).

www.pcgkids.com

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • FYI...you can always change your pediatrician info or ANY other info before admission. And the admission paperwork can be sent in the month before you're set to deliver. (That's what I ended up doing, because I was such a procrastinator!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"