Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Medela Freestyle-- Too loud?

I've been reading reviews of the Medela Freestyle pump and quite a few women have mentioned that it's too loud. If you've used this pump, do you agree?

If all goes well with breastfeeding, I will be pumping in my office when I go back to work. My office is not very soundproof.

Drew Isaiah: hypertension, induction, labor, emergency c/s. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Owen Anders: labor (natural onset), failed VBAC, emergency c/s. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Medela Freestyle-- Too loud?

• I have the Medela PIS, and it is not very quiet either.  I always find it amusing when they (the product advertisements) show women talking on the phone, etc... while pumping.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Get the PIS. It's not exactly quiet (my mom can hear it when we're on the phone), but I don't think it's all that loud either.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It isn't any louder than the PIS and well worth the money for everything else it offers.  I talked to DH on the phone on Fri while pumping, he could barely hear it. 
  • I have the Freestyle  and love it (as much as you can love a pump).  Yes, it's loud enough that you can't really talk on the phone, but the portability is worth it for me.  Just for the convenience in getting it to and from work is worthwhile.  Sometimes, I just leave it in the bag and sit the bag next to me and that makes it a little quieter.  You could always just wrap the motor in a towel or something.  GL! 
  • it's a little louder than the PIS and it's a different sound.  I have both and while i prefer the convenience of the freestyle, i think the PIS works much better. i use the freestyle at home and the PIS at work. I wouldn't talk to anyone on the phone other than a friend, DH or my mother while pumping.  You can definitely hear them while you're on the phone.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"