Trouble TTC
Options

Maternity shirts for a "well-endowed" girl

I'm starting my search for maternity wear but feeling pretty discouraged. I went from a 34DD to a 36DDD already and find that a lot of maternity tops don't seem to account for "the girls" getting bigger. This popular empire waist style is cute but that modified waist never sits below my bust even in my most supportive bra. I'm a fairly modest dresser (think polos most of the summer) so don't typically wear anything clingy but if I go up another size, it's way too baggy.  Since I'm not due until August, I know that I can't hide under layers all summer and I certainly would prefer people knowing I'm pregnant and not just fat. However, I would prefer my boobs not be completely on display! Anyone find a style that works well?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker VOTE on my Name List

Re: Maternity shirts for a "well-endowed" girl

• Options
    I'm not pregnant but I am a 38DD so I sympathize. I was on the Lane Bryant website, and all of their maternity clothes are on clearance since apparently they are going to discontinue their maternity line.
  • Options
    I bought a bunch of maternity tanks from Target and wore them under many of my maternity shirts and that really help contain them! I bought many of my clothes from Ann Taylor Loft and they worked well with the tanks.
    Addison Elizabeth
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Carter James
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I found stuff at Motherhood Maternity and Kohl's. I know what you mean, those empire tops are cute but they weren't the most comfortable. Wal mart is good too. I found Target to be too revealing and tight. Try old navy as well!
  • Options
    I am beyond a 34EE, so I feel your pain! I am not a big person anywhere else, other than my bb's either. I had very good luck with Motherhood maternity shirts, they seemed to cover me very well- better than my normal clothes did! I am not pg now, but I plan on going back there for more shirts asap when I do get pg again! And I do on a daily basis wear those tank tops that have the shelf bra built into them- they help to cover any excessive cleavage and also help to lock them down, haha GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I feel for you.  I was a 36DD pre-pregnancy and am now a 36G at 40 weeks.  I found that for the most part skip over anything that has an empire waist, unless it is a knit that stretches.  Forget about blouses or button downs! I found a few things at Motherhood, but needed to get a L or XL even though I am a size 8 pre-preg.  Mostly I stuck to solid Ts from the gap, which fit in a Medium, even now.  Look at Gap nursing tops too- they are cut with extra belly room and made for an expanding chest. Motherhood dresses also fit well too (very stretchy) and would be comfy into the warmer weather.  Good luck.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"