3rd Trimester
Options

Charlie Horses!!!

Anyone else getting them?  I had them ALL night last night and several today....Every time I get one ( in my calves...both of em!)  I get a contraction....am I a freak or is this normal?

Re: Charlie Horses!!!

• Options
    i get them while I'm trying to sleep.
  • Options

Totally normal and totally sucky.  Try increasing your calcium, magnesium & potassium.  This can easily be done by eating a banana and drinking a glass of milk before bed.

Heat till also help soothe them and if they are really bad a little Vicks Vapor Rub will help.  I know, sounds crazy, but it's the same active ingredients as Ben Gay and it works just as well.  Smells better too.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get them, too!  I thought that I was the only one!  They suck!
  • Options
    imageHippy:

Totally normal and totally sucky.  Try increasing your calcium, magnesium & potassium.  This can easily be done by eating a banana and drinking a glass of milk before bed.

Heat till also help soothe them and if they are really bad a little Vicks Vapor Rub will help.  I know, sounds crazy, but it's the same active ingredients as Ben Gay and it works just as well.  Smells better too.

Thanks! I was hoping they were a sign of labor....but at least I can try to get rid of them now.  =) 

• Options
    Yeah I get them at night sometimes, in both calves too.  Yesterday I got them in both calves while doing water aerobics.  It was the first time I'd gotten them during the day, especially weird to me that it was while I was working out.
  • Options

bananas and more fluids!! i get them when i'm not drinking enough water!

and if i'm not mistaken it's ok to use things like icy hot if you wanted to...just take a look at the label to be sure :)

• Options
    Normal...get more calcium and magnesium in your diet.  It works for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I get them in my feet.  It hurts like hell.  I had a massive one last night, while sitting in my recliner watching the news.  I scared DH cause I started whimpering. 
  • Options
    I get them every night and sometimes when I wear heels.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"