Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Increasing milk supply-What worked?

I'm just not producing enough. I chug water all day and I've been on Fenugreek for a week now. No improvement.

My first pump of the morning, I get about 4 ounces. After that, it's about 2 ounces and sometimes not even 2!

Any other suggestions? I'm waiting to hear back from the LC, but I wanted to see what has worked for others.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Increasing milk supply-What worked?

• Options
    I don't think that's a terrible supply! Some women on here get less than that. My supply was fairly low in the first couple weeks, so I started pumping one side while she fed on the other. So, every two hours, I was clearing out both breasts. That seemed to work for me!
  • Options

Check out this message board...the women are fantastic....

https://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-ppexcluspump

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is probably a total Old Wive's Tale, but my daycare lady told me to drink one beer a night.  Since I have been doing that I have gone from pumping 6-8 oz. at time to 12 oz. at a time.  It may be just psychological, but its working for me.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersimage
  • Options

imageLeighMonkey:
    This is probably a total Old Wive's Tale, but my daycare lady told me to drink one beer a night.  Since I have been doing that I have gone from pumping 6-8 oz. at time to 12 oz. at a time.  It may be just psychological, but its working for me.

I will be trying this one.  Big Smile

• Options
    imagetrixiebelden:

imageLeighMonkey:

It can't hurt, right? Stick out tongue

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersimage
  • Options
    imageLeighMonkey:
    imagetrixiebelden:

imageLeighMonkey:

It can't hurt, right? Stick out tongue

Any kind of beer?  B/c I've heard this about dark beer, but I hate dark beer.  What kind of beer do you drink?  I'm more of a general Coors/Bud/Becks Light girl.  TIA!

• Options
    I read in a book about breast feeding that its important to feed/pump during the night hours as well b/c this is when the body somehow gets signals to produce milk.  I can't remember the details but I know night feedings matter for milk supply.
  • Options

You can try goats rue. I more than doubled my supply. I went from 1oz at most to anywhere from 2-4oz depending on how full I am. I also used More Milk Special blend and I used Goats Rue and More Milk Plus together. I weaned off and am now on Fenugreek (3pills 3x/day) with Blessed thistle (2pills 3x/day) And I drink Mothers Milk tea 1-2x a day, and today I'm going to make lactation cookies.

imageimage

9/24/2011 Plymouth Firefighters 5k: 47:13
    11/12/2011 Diva Dash 5k: 45:45
    5/5/2012 STEM school 5k TBD Coming up in 2012:
    6/10/2012 Walk to Remember SIDS foundation 5k
    (in memory of a sweet baby boy)
    11/10/2012 Diva Dash 5k
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"