Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

re: sex. i might get flamed too

are adamwife and i the only ones who wanted sex right away?  i had a c/s so maybe that has something to do with it, but with the big belly out of the way i wanted SO right away.  i don't really get it when people don't have sex for months and months after delivery.  maybe i would feel differently if i had tearing, stitches, etc.  i miss sex because of the physical enjoyment, but also because i miss the intimacy with my SO.  am i really that abnormal?

Re: re: sex. i might get flamed too

• Options
    I don't think it is that abnormal. I wanted it too, but we held out until my 6 week appt. When we did it, it HURT, though. I can't imagine how badly it would have hurt had we tried earlier.
  • Options
    I wanted to be able to right away, but we both wanted to wait until the doc cleared me at 6 weeks. When we tried it hurt so bad I cried the whole time, so I didn't really want it after that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wanted it. we did it 4 wks pp. I had a c/s though..not sure if I would have been as ready if I had vaginal
  • Options
    I don't know how i'll feel after this baby, but after DS I could NOT WAIT to have sex.  We started trying at 3 weeks pp and were back 'on schedule' by 6 weeks.
  • Options
    i wanted it bad at 2 weeks PP too but i think it was hormones.
    we waited and had sex at 8 weeks PP and i was more than ready, but it wasn't the teenager have-to-have-it urge that it was at 2 weeks. hormones will make you insane.
  • Options
    i dont get it either, there's no way I could last that long! A week pp I wanted DH! I felt like a crazy hormonal woman that hasnt has it in a year or something.
  • Options

Having a c/s doesnt mean it wont hurt. I wanted to before my pp apt. but I knew it would probably hurt and I didnt want to risk infection, etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

You aren't abnormal.

I can't wait till I am given the go ahead to get back to having sex.

Mommas Little Yankee Fan!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    When you watch the doctor stitching, stitching, stitching, stitching, stitching, stotching endlessly......you might think differently ;)  Over 10 lbs.... :)
  • Options
    I wanted it right away too.  By 1 week pp I was dying for it.  But I had 3rd degree tears and I knew it was dangerous. 
  • Options
    I want it to. I even double checked with my OB at my visit yesterday. I wanted to "make sure" it is a strict 6wks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We did "other things" because I was bleeding and had stitches.  I was still a swollen baseball mitt down there at 2 weeks.
  • Options
    Right away, I really wanted it, but knew I shouldn't.  But by the time I could, I didn't want it at all .. but I developed all kinds of "after the fact" issues .. hemmies, fistulas, etc. that made if painful just to exist down there.   I have to go back in another week or so for my pap because @ 6 weeks there was no way it could be done - I was in too much pain down there.   I also think BF killed my drive.   I am hoping that finally this weekend we can get some!  Happy V Day to us!
  • Options
    okay, good to know i'm not alone.  i hope my sex drive stays high like it always has been....my dr. said we can have sex when i feel up to it. 
  • Options
    We waited lke we were supposed to. So far pp sex has been better than before baby. I o bigger. I had a c/s.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

i wanted it too, but i couldn't imagine.  we made out like teenagers instead.

we waited until 10w pp, and it hurt like crazy.  it still hurts.

• Options

nope, you're not the only ones. I have NEVER waited until the 6 week mark, all 3 times. I've been cleared for sex at my 2 week PP visit. And I've had 3 c/s's.?

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    I've been wanting it too.  Since about 1 week pp I've been horny!  However, I also had a c/s or I would probably feel differently.  Of course, I also cannot wait to be pregnant again so I think I'm just crazy.
  • Options

I wanted to get intimate with DH. But after hearing from some people how painful it is at first (vaginal deliveries mostly) it can turn me away. I had a tear, and then found out 6 week pp that my episiotomy didn't heal right and they missed a smaller tear so they had to cauterize that one too. I think if I had sex before 6 week pp, I would have had a horrible experience since everything wasn't exactly healed down there.

• Options
    I wanted it BAD too. I had a vaginal delivery, 8 lb. 11 oz baby, and a fairly large tear. We started fooling around at 3 weeks pp and were back to having sex regularly by 4 weeks pp. I would say that if you're worried and you've had a vaginal delivery and/or are breastfeeding, use some lube and go as far as you're comfortable with. If your DH is anything like mine he'll be worried about hurting you so he'll be super careful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"