Trying to Get Pregnant

Any tricks to ovulate earlier?

My first cycle charting I didn't ovulate until CD 24.  Are there any tricks or supplements that will help my body ovulate earlier? 

I'd love to hear anecdotes if any of you have found something that helped.

Re: Any tricks to ovulate earlier?

• umm...  your body ovulates when it's ready to ovulate - as far as I know you can't change that.  At least you ARE ovulating.
  • I do not believe so. Well, only Dr. prescribed i believe.
  • Loading the player...
  • There are some supplements out there like soy but nothing proven to work like going to your RE for fertility treatments.

However, I agree with the PP and think that you are ovulating in the normal range.  Don't rock the boat baby!

• If you ovulate, I'd be hesitant to mess with it.

That said, try googling the following supplements (these are all of the ones that I've heard of people using for various fertility issues. I'm not saying they'll all be ovulation inducing) - vitex, soy isoflavones, red raspberry leaf, cinnamon, evening primrose oil, flax seed oil.

imageimage
  • um...no.  sorry, you just have to suck it up and wait.
    PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If you take Vitex, know that it can take 3-6 months to work. I started taking it this month along with some herbal teas that are formulated to regulate your cycle and I haven't seen any change yet.

• take it from someone who doesn't always ovulate on my own, or like last cycle i did on CD68, i'd take CD24 anyday

? if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it ?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Dx PCOS 09/08 2000mg Met
    TTC #1 from 05/08-02/09 BFP 02/26/09
    DD Born 11/11/09
    Suprise Baby #2 on the way! EDD 8/16/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageRedrose101307:

take it from someone who doesn't always ovulate on my own, or like last cycle i did on CD68, i'd take CD24 anyday

? if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it ?

Did Red.  

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Cycles and ovulation days vary and its not something that can be changed by taking vitamins and supplements. No need to worry as long as you are ovulating
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekcjessieb:

My first cycle charting I didn't ovulate until CD 24.  Are there any tricks or supplements that will help my body ovulate earlier? 

I'd love to hear anecdotes if any of you have found something that helped.

I so wish there was...

image BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"