Oregon Babies

Baby shower locations?

Does anyone have any suggestions for locations to hold my baby shower in the Portland area?  A good friend asked if she could throw me a shower, but they live in a one bedroom apartment and just won't have the room.  Would it be ok to have it my house...or is that weird?  I don't know all the etiquette in this situation.  Thanks for any advice.

Re: Baby shower locations?

• I'm in a similar situation and offered my home. I believe it's not proper etiquette, but it makes sense to me and I don't think it would bother anyone attending. They haven't decided yet where to have it; I think they are trying to get someone else to offer their home.

Portland parks and rec has rooms that you can rent in their community centers. I believe they are pretty inexpensive. You can find that info on their website. Also, housing associations, churches, and athletic/golf clubs often have spaces that are free or inexpensive for their members - don't know whether that applies to your hostess (or other friends/family who could help). Many restaurants have rooms that you can researve. You have to buy food from them, but on the up side, your hostess wouldn't have to prepare the food herself.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hosted a small shower for a friend at the Tea Zone. It was fun and they didn't require any minimum purchase and also allowed me to bring in a cake. It doesn't hold very many people though.

As for your house, I think thats a great idea. If hers can't accomodate enough people I couldn't imagine anyone thinking negatively about it.

• Loading the player...
  • My colleagues threw me a shower too and we held it at my home. I think it's fine. Plus then you don't have to lug the gifts home afterwards! I think it's perfect.
  • I had my bridal shower at my own house, no big deal. The crappy part is that you have to help clean up!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"