Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

When to try a schedule?

Currently we are feeding on demand. DD takes 3-4 ounces every 3-4 hours. I am all for demand feeding, I just was wondering when it would be appropriate to start trying to develop a schedule. I'm guessing not until she starts sleeping through the night?

Re: When to try a schedule?

• Options

She kind of started on her own feeding schedule.  I really tried to regulate everything (sleeping wise) about a week or two before I went back to work and it seems to work, meaning she usually eats and sleeps around the same times everyday.  So basically we started around a month old.

• Options
    I still pretty much feed my LO on demand. ?

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Can I just say that I'm so jealous for the 3-4 hour feedings? Mine is 6 weeks and still eats every 2-3 hours, and it's usually closer to 2. She just started the past 2 nights to sleep 3 hours at a time, which is really exciting!

As far as the schedules, I think you just have to do what works best for you and your baby. If you're a SAHM, a schedule will work itself out naturally. If you're going back to work, then I think try to establish a little bit of a schedule if you can 2 weeks before.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"