Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

NBR: Florida Panhandle vacation recs

I haven't been to the Florida Panhandle since senior year spring break. (Panama City Beach--oh the memories!) I need some vacation recommendations for that area. Any place you've been that you loved? We're pretty low-key vacationers, so I'm looking for something that isn't crazy commercial. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Re: NBR: Florida Panhandle vacation recs

• Options

LOVE the Sandestin resort just outside of Destin. It's condos you can rent for however long you want. Very low-key, and you have your own kitchen, which saves $$ on meals out, especially if you're there for a long time.

There are some "boutique"-type shops on teh resort, but it's definitely not in your face if you aren't interested in that.

There are different options, of course - directly on the beach, a little bit off, back in the woods off of the golf course, etc.

If you have an older kid, there is stuff for them to do, too.

• Options
    I'm actually from the Panhandle area. PP is right. SanDestin is beautiful and there are plenty of things to do there. The resorts are great not to mention the shopping. Or you can rent a condo and vacation on Pensacola Beach.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Being from Alabama we always went to Gulf Shores growing up, but then discovered Destin, FL when I was about to graduate from high school.  We have gone there a couple of times a year ever since.  There are lots of potential places to stay in the area.  Like mentioned earlier, Sandestin is very nice.  We actually stay more in the Ft Walton Beach area on Okaloosa island.  It is much quieter of beaches and only a 10 minute drive into the heart of Destin for dinner and other things to do.  I HIGHLY recommend the island.  Almost everyone we recommend it to continues to go back.  We sometimes rent condo's from www.emeraldcoastrentals.com, but often use www.vrbo.com as well. 

I would avoid Panama City...yuck!

Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"