Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How often do you go out without your baby?

I am having a hard time figured out how to see my girlfriends or go out with my husband alone - working full time and breastfeeding AND having a not so good sleeper :( I have no idea how I'd go out when I get home at 5:30 after being at work since 8, having to feed DS and then being there for when he goes to sleep because we got into the terrible habit of nursing to sleep. Is anyone else going through this or am I the only lucky one?!

Re: How often do you go out without your baby?

• Options

Unfortunately I am there with you.  I feel guilty leaving DS on the weekend because I am away from him so much during the week while I am working.

I do try to go out for a few hours on Sunday witha friend though between feedsing just to get a little bit of me time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    BF and I have only been out twice without our little girl. We plan on going out once every other week. We'll see how that goes, I can't stand being away from her for more than 2 hours lol.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I suggest you start pumping and bottle feeding DS that last bottle.  Try nursing him for a few minutes first and then giving him the bottle.  Try to decrease the time you nurse him at night a little everyday.  
  • Options
    I'm a SAHM and I have similar issues. DH has a horrible time getting DS to sleep, and I worry about this whenever I go out without them. For my sanity, though, I do go out every Saturday afternoon to shop or run errands baby-free. I just make sure to keep it under two hours. DH and I go out once a month without DS. I don't worry as much then, though, because the grandmas have some sort of magical ability to get DS to sleep.
  • Options

I went to a movie last night and just about lost my mind.

DH & I are going to dinner on Friday.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I work 32 hours per week and BF.  I usually go out once a week (Saturday or Sunday) to run errands.  I try to be back in time to feed DS but always leave a bottle with DH so it's no big deal if I'm not.  I also usually try to get out one other time each week either with friends or DH.  On days I work I keep my evenings free to spend as much time with DS as possible.  I do nurse him to sleep most nights as well, but he'll go down drowsy but awake for others so it's not such a big deal.  I just really like the peaceful sleepy time with him.  Of course I miss DS when I'm away but I really relish the me time as well.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"