Cincinnati Babies
Options

Babies & fevers

Kady had a 102.8 fever at midnight and this morning it was down to 101.8 (after the tylenol had worn off). Other than the fever and crankiness she doesn't have any other symptoms. I feel new at this because Piper was literally never sick as a baby (she saved her sicknesses for toddler-hood, LOL). I stayed home from work and am taking Kady to the doctor at 10:30, but wondered what your experiences were....if your DC had a fever as a baby did the doctor end up finding anything wrong? How long did it last?

Re: Babies & fevers

• Options
    My niece Emma had a fever of 102 and they took her to the doctors. They told her it was the begining of bronchiolitis. She was also coughing and had a runny nose. She is finally getting to come home from  Children's today. They took her back to the doctors on Monday and she ended up having RSV and needed to be on oxygen and suctioned out. Now I don't want to scare you, but there are different strands of RSV. Ayden had it, but not the strand she had. He was on an inhaler and antibiotics (double ear infection). Emma needed breathing treatments also. Her oxygen levels were at 85, should be 100. Ayden started out running a fever. Just make sure you wash your hands often and sterilize toys. I hope Kady is feeling better soon. It's hard to see your baby sick and miserable.
  • Options

Most of the time when Justin had fevers as an infant, it was a result of an ear infection.  He also had the flu at 6 months, and bronchiolitis/RSV not long after that.

Ear infections are treated with antibiotics, but the flu and bronchiolitis just have to run their course.  Hopefully Kady doesn't have anything too bad.....let us know how the doctor appointment goes.

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't really have much experience with this but I just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear Kady's not feeling well.  I hope the doc can give you some answers!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Aww poor Kady!  Let us know how your appt went!
    Mason Louise
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"