Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Pumping for First Time

I might try pumping this week to have a bottle available this weekend for my parents. They're going to babysit so we can go to a party on Valentine's Day for a couple of hours.

--when do I try to pump so that it doesn't screw up DD's nursing??

--how many sessions does it usually take to get enough for a bottle?

Thanks.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Pumping for First Time

• Options
    I pump after DS eats.  It depends on how much you produce but maybe try pumping after 2-3 feedings. 
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    Pump after your DS eats.  Usually in the morning you have more milk than in the afternoon/evening. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I normally pump in the morning after she eats, that's when I'm fullest. But don't stress if she's hungry right after you pump, she'll always be able to get milk out.

It really depends, sometimes it'll take 3 sessions or just one. I can normally pump 7-8oz in one sitting.

• Options
    I pump in the morning to build my freezer stash. Since you produce more milk through the night I only nurse DS on one side for his first morning feeding therefore I pump the other side. You could also pump an hour after feeding your DD in the morning.?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ditto PP.  Try after every feeding.  Then you can see when you get the most.  I see a lot of women who say they get the most in the morning.  I was the opposite.  This way if you can't pump after each feeding then you can at least pump when you know you have extra!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"