Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Crib vs. bassinet

We plan on using a bassinet in our room for the first couple of months b/c I know I'm going to be a very paranoid mom and will want the baby close to me.  Plus, I plan to BF so I think it will just be easier.

A friend of mine suggesting using the crib right off the bat rather than using a bassinet.  She did the bassinet thing and now her baby won't sleep in his crib in his own room.

Thoughts?  Thanks.

Re: Crib vs. bassinet

• Options
    we tried a bassinet for a few weeks- same reasons as you mentioned - to have close and I BF.  she wasn't doing so well in there - wouldn't sleep between the hours of 12 am and 4 am.  Then we tried the PnP bassinet which was better.  But our pedi recommended that we move her to the crib at 6 weeks old -bc she said maybe dd wanted more room - we moved her to the crib and she sleeps SOO much better!  I think our movements at night may have been keeping her up - or our dogs.  Plus I wasn't getting much sleep because I was hearing every little noise she was making.  Since moving to the crib - everyone is getting more sleep.
  • Options
    they both worked well for DD.  she was in her bassinet for 3 mos w/ a smooth transition to crib.  i think i started having her take naps in her crib around 2 mos.  again, no problems. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"