Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

what did you do to get your belly

back to somewhat normal after a c/s?  I'm still sore, but no longer taking any pain meds.  My belly is soo saggy and  deflated.  Combined with my horrible stretch marks its pretty hideous.  What did you do to help get t back to normal?  When did you start and how long did it take?

Re: what did you do to get your belly

• Options

I'm eating lots of chocolate.  I'm not sure it's working but I am committed to it!

Honestly, stretch marks will just fade over time, and your belly will improve over time also.  But it will never be the same again. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    DMoney will be a kickass big sister
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Time! I had a vaginal birth but still had the saggy tummy. It's diminishing a little bit but I still have these huge hips. All you can do is eat right, work out when you get the okay and give it time. My two cents.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Once I lost the weight that helped with the deflated basketball look. I've been pretty lazy with exercise and didnt feel comfortable with doing any ab excersizes until just recently, but it's tightened up on it's own over time. Also I think the first few weeks part of the poochy/flabby/stomach thing is your uterus shrinking and going back to normal. I noticed my pooch dropped lower and lower as it shrunk and tightened.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm still working on mine. It still looks pregnant, but 16 weeks maybe. Indifferent It is no longer soft.  My doctor gave me the go ahead for working out at 8 weeks but advised against vigorous ab exercise until 12 weeks.  I just started abs yesterday at 16 weeks pp.  It just takes time unfortunately.  I envy the girls who get in their pp jeans before going back to work. No fair! I'm STILL not in my pre-pregnancy pants.  Not sure about stretch marks, that was about the only thing I got lucky enough not to get.  GL!
    My Little
  • Options
    imageJanimal:

I'm eating lots of chocolate.  I'm not sure it's working but I am committed to it!

LOL!  Love it!

Honestly, stretch marks will just fade over time, and your belly will improve over time also.  But it will never be the same again. 

Yeah, I'm pretty resigned to this, personally.  I am really prone to stretch marks anyway and I wasn't particularly fond of my midsection before I got pregnant.  I wasn't walking around in bikinis before, so I guess I can't mourn the fact that I never will again without a major tummy tuck.

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • Options
    I still have 5 pounds to lose, but honestly..it's a bowl of jelly. I figure over time it will get someway back to normal. I'm not expecting it to be firm again unless i really feel like getting into vigourous workouts.
  • Options

Sorry, I'm with pp, time and genetics will dictate how you end up.  Just fair warning - I felt fine after 2 weeks as well until I tried doing something as simple as walking the dog: I got halfway around the block and felt like I had run a marathon.  Take it easy until at least your 6 week checkup because the last thing you need is to be out of commission with a newborn.

That being said, I'm doing pilates and yoga (sporadically) and that seems to help (I have heard that situps will do nothing for you).

• Options
    You're only 2 weeks pp, you have to give it time!!    FWIW- my belly is still nowhere near looking normal. 
  • Options
    sorry, I'm not trying to start working out now.  I have gone for a few walks...but VERY slowly...and not far at all.  I am definitly waiting till my 6 week appt at the least...was just curious when you ladies started to see a little improvement, and felt good.
  • Options
    Don't worry..... much will go away on its own in the next few weeks!  Mine is a work in process, but core strengthening seems to be the way to go! 
  • Options
    I'm still waiting to go to my pp check-up.  Right now I am wearing a girtle to suck everything in.  It's old school, but it's working for me!  Lost 15 lbs so far.  My stomach is going to be the last to go I'm sure!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"