Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Baby will not nap more than 10 minutes!!

All day long he has been fighiting naps, when he does finally fall asleep he wakes up 10 minutes later.  I try to run around house like a maniac getting things done in 10 minutes lol.  How are you guys getting your LO to take regular naps a day?

Re: Baby will not nap more than 10 minutes!!

• Options
    Have you tried putting him in a bouncy or swing?  Those are they days when I'll just put baby in a slilng or carrier and let him nap on me.  Not quite as restful for you, but you do what you can.
  • Options

It is tough.  I have found that if I catch her just when she is getting heavy eyes and put her in the swing (not on) and then as she wakes a bit turn it on... that has worked a few times.  The past week she has gotten better about it.

Good luck.

Health&Fitness Blog imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Our IVF miracles!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hes in the swing now, I tried rocking him and he was fighting it too I am not sure he may just be so overtired so now I am screwed lol.

• Options
    My DS has days like that. Usually if he is being like that and will fall asleep on my chest, I just pop in a movie and let him sleep on me. Hang in there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • Options
    Are you swaddling?  My DD was a real sleep fighter until I went back to the swaddle.  Then I hold her for a few minutes, and she falls asleep.  Good luck, and I hope you find something that works.
  • Options

When we brought our lil man home he would sleep 2-3 hours, now that he's 3 weeks he may sleep for 20 mins.  So I understand your frustration. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"