Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

*sigh* here come the doctors bills

And our HSA is drained. ?Even though we knew about this and planned for it, it still sucks to shell out all this money. Stupid crappy insurance.?

Re: *sigh* here come the doctors bills

• Options
    I'm not looking forward to recieving ours.  The upside: Our insurance wont make us pay any more than $4000 out of our own pockets for the whole year.  The downside:  Our insurance will let us pay $4000 out of our own pockets for the whole year.  Bleh!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I don't know what your finances are like but you could also ask for financial aid paperwork and see if they will take off a percentage of the bill. We did this for my husband's knee surgery and qualified for a 40 percent reduction. I just got the paperwork sent back in for my DD and am hoping for some of the same!

If nothing else call and see if you can get on a payment plan with them.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I hear ya... It cost me 5K to have my baby. That was my OOP max for the year. I HATE private insurance. My job doesnt offer a group plan, so were are on our own. My monthly premium is ridiculous and on top of that I owe 30% for everything until I reach my OOP max. Hence the 5k to have a baby. Health insurance is such a joke in our country.  

• Options
    The one upside to that is your deductible will now be met for the year.  I went crazy last year with medical care because I knew delivery costs alone would easily meet our deductible for 2008, so I figured I might as well take advantage of it.  During my pregnancy, I opted for every single optional test without flincing about the costs.  I ended up going to the chiropractor after DS was born and it was covered 100% by insurance. 
  • Options
    hello what type of insruance do you have? dont ever ever ever may repeat  get blue cross for any reason i got screwed out of an 1000 pay of labs that when i was pg the doctors put alot of fake stuff on the labs just to get me to pay more and once i found out i was soo upset....and now  i didnt know i had to pay because i went over my 5,000 dectuible (spelling sorry) and i swear now i have to pay that 1000 out of pocket today  and then  i cancelled blue cross last yr once me and my hubby got an better job and better insurance like kaiser is way way 100more times better and i didnt pay anything for our baby being born later on her copay of 5.00.so be sure your paying the right bills and dont let any insurance screw you!
  • Options
    PP I have Blue Cross, and mine was covered 100% all the way from my first prenatal to my C-section delivery. I was thrilled. I guess it depends what type of plan you have.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"