Babies on the Brain

passing tissue but no bleeding

DH and I are vigorously scanning the internet to get some answers.  After some mixed messages, I decided to come to you ladies. 
I passed some sort of minimal tissue last Wednesday.  It bothered me, even had a dream I m/c, but preg symptoms still continue (including cramping, sore boobs, emotional swings, tiredness).  Unfortunately, I passed minimal tissue again today.  DH was lucky enough to be nearby to catch a glimpse.  Got to thinking something may be going on... I am just about 5 weeks.  I am NOT bleeding.  No spotting, etc.  These details make it harder to google because they seem to be discussed together.  Just wondering if anyone knows anything.  I will call my md tomorrow, but in the meantime... please ponder with me..
DH is already getting sad, but I told him if it is, at least we are early. 
Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014

Re: passing tissue but no bleeding

• Um, tissue is accompanied by blood.....I've never seen where a m/c didn't involve blood...

There is an increase of discharge when you are pregnant.

High-risk L&D nurse...If in doubt, go to triage!

Trevor Calvin 12.10.07 7:26pm 7lbs2.5oz 19.75in

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Emerson Claire 07.07.11 11:34am 7lbs7oz 20.5 in

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• This may be a stupid and have a completely obvious answer- but what do you mean by passing tissue??
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm confused, is the tissue in CM or what? What does it look like? I have no clue what you're describing here.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Stringy like grey/brownish matter sitting in the toilet when I only urinated (twice).  Just didn't seem so normal.  Nothing in the panties.  Just some whitish cm.  Sorry if TMI.  I promise I am not an annoying poster about all the symptoms, just had weird results when googled.  TIA!

• Nothing has really formed at 5 weeks to make it "grey," so I'm guessing it's brown spotting, which can be normal, esp if you are this early....

If you start cramping, or it turns bright red, then I'd call the OB....

ETA: Your discharge will be increased throughout pregnancy....so this is normal also...

• Wow, I'm sorry, I have no idea. I have never heard of this. I'd call your doctor!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagechloephoebecali:

Stringy like grey/brownish matter sitting in the toilet when I only urinated (twice).  Just didn't seem so normal.  Nothing in the panties.  Just some whitish cm.  Sorry if TMI.  I promise I am not an annoying poster about all the symptoms, just had weird results when googled.  TIA!

Sounds like it's CM tinged with old blood/uterine lining. Which is normal at this point in your pg. You would definately be bleeding if you were m/cing. But a call to the doc in the morning will probably ease your mind.

Baby #1 edd 4/21/07 - Matthias James born 5/2/07, 9 lbs, 22 in

Baby # 2 edd 11/26/08 - Ezra Jacob born 11/29/08, 9 lbs 6 oz., 21 3/4 in

Baby #3 edd 05/04/13 - Titus Jude born 05/01/13, 9 lb 5 oz. 21.5 in

• imagebensbabe:

Nothing has really formed at 5 weeks to make it "grey," so I'm guessing it's brown spotting, which can be normal, esp if you are this early....

ETA: Your discharge will be increased throughout pregnancy....so this is normal also...

I've been cramping since before I knew.  It comes and goes throughout the day.  As far as the white discharge, I did not think anything of it.  I figured that was normal.  But "spotting" isn't necesarily a fluid?  I guess I always think spotting similar to early AF.  This stuff was solid and probably 1/2 inch +.  I know "it" is smaller than the period at the end of a sentence, but I wonder if you can pass the uterine linning if it was/is a m/c, etc, and such could look this way. TY!

• imageroshybride:
    imagechloephoebecali:

Stringy like grey/brownish matter sitting in the toilet when I only urinated (twice).  Just didn't seem so normal.  Nothing in the panties.  Just some whitish cm.  Sorry if TMI.  I promise I am not an annoying poster about all the symptoms, just had weird results when googled.  TIA!

Sounds like it's CM tinged with old blood/uterine lining. Which is normal at this point in your pg. You would definately be bleeding if you were m/cing. But a call to the doc in the morning will probably ease your mind.

Thank you!!  I will definitely call.  I was thinking it might be uterine lining, but what strange time to come!  I thought everything should/would be in place.  You calmed DH, too.  He was more concerned than me!  Hopefully it will help him sleep!

And I hope Ezra feels better soon!!  Poor baby!!  So cute!!  Smile

• imagechloephoebecali:
    imagebensbabe:

Nothing has really formed at 5 weeks to make it "grey," so I'm guessing it's brown spotting, which can be normal, esp if you are this early....

I've been cramping since before I knew.  It comes and goes throughout the day.  As far as the white discharge, I did not think anything of it.  I figured that was normal.  But "spotting" isn't necesarily a fluid?  I guess I always think spotting similar to early AF.  This stuff was solid and probably 1/2 inch +.  I know "it" is smaller than the period at the end of a sentence, but I wonder if you can pass the uterine linning if it was/is a m/c, etc, and such could look this way. TY!

Occ cramping is normal....I'm talking about getting worsening cramps...

Occ brown spotting (or light pink/red for that matter) can occur sometimes throughout pregnancy too. It can happen if you cervix gets irritated (from sex, vaginal exams, or pap smears). And you can have old uterine lining come out with your discharge as your baby implants/burrows deeper.

I don't think you have to worry about anything, but you can call your OB to ask in the am.

• imagebensbabe:
    imagechloephoebecali:
    imagebensbabe:

And you can have old uterine lining come out with your discharge as your baby implants/burrows deeper.

This is what I was hoping to hear.  Looking at two books - Mayo and Your P WBW didn't go into enough detail.. ::needing the science::!  And, cramping has been just the same as always.  Thanks so much!!  I will give a call sometime today.  I have to wait until the 23 to get their confirmation and it seems long when "everyone else" is getting their levels, etc.  I did not want to be one of those annoying types bugging to get in early, but I'll see what they say.   Burrow, baby, burrow.. I think a siggy for me!!  Tx again!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"