Philadelphia Babies

belly rings...

who left theirs in while pregnant? does the hole get majorily stretched. still have mine in . plan TTC in the next couple months. didn't know if it would be better to take it out now, let the hole close as much as it can or just leave it in?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: belly rings...

• I took mine out when I was about 9 weeks.  I only waited that long because I forgot I even had it!  The hole didn't stretch at all and my belly button popped completely out!  It closes pretty quickly so I wouldn't worry about it.  Take it out when you're ready but you will need to take it out...my belly was so big and there was so much pressure on my belly button!!!  Everything is back to normal now and it doesn't look like a strange scar or anything...my tattoo even went back as it was just slightly faded but that can be fixed.
  • Take it out!  I left mine in too long, just didn't think about it, and as my stomach grew and it stretched, it actually started to tear around it.

I've heard they make maternity rings, but def don't keep your normal one in once you get pregnant.

It might not close up though, I haven't worn a belly button ring since my first child, who is now 7, and I can still put a ring in if I want to.

• Loading the player...
  • You will need to remove it in case of a c-section.  If you end up (God-forbid) in an emergency situation and they need to cut vertically, it will be in the way.

Jenn Mossholder

jenn@doulamom.com

• I own a store in Doylestown called O Bambino. We carry pregnancy rings..they are adorable & come in all diff colors. Come & check us out! www.obambino.net
  • I took mine out when I got pg, but when my obgyn (male) saw the empty hole he said "Why did you take it out?" I said "Because I'm pregnant" He said "So what!? My wife kept her's in through all 4 of her pregnancy's." So...I guess it's totally ok to do if you choose to. :)
  • I took mine out at about 5 weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"