Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

i hold my breath while swaddling.

he refused to be swaddled while bf'ing...which is when he falls asleep at night.  So i feed him, he falls asleep and then i swaddle.  however sometimes he bonks himself in the head while i am doing this and is wide awake arghhh.  so i go as quietly and quickly as possible heheh

Re: i hold my breath while swaddling.

• Options
    I don't BF but we have to do the same thing.  She refuses it if she is awake but its a life saver to help her sleep.
  • Options
    My DD fought her swaddle at first she would fight me while I did it and fight the swaddle for the first 15 minutes it was on.  I kept at it because she needs it to slep and when she is having a hard time settling down it now works wonders.  I start get her wrapped up and she lets out a big sigh and instantly relaxes instead of fighting me, I take it off for a quick diaper change at night wrap her back up, bf her and then she is back to dream land.  Maybe it is worth trying then you won't have to hold your breath
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you swaddle with a regular blanket or do you use the miracle blanket thing?
  • Options

image**Gretchen**:
    Do you swaddle with a regular blanket or do you use the miracle blanket thing?

oh i use the 'swaddle me' only!    i have the miracle blanket but havent had to use it yet-- swaddle me works and is SO easy to use.   regular blankets are off in 2 seconds!

• Options
    I do the same thing with DD so when I put her on the changing table to swaddle I turn the overhead light way down, give her a paci, and make a "shushing" sound.  It works about 90% of the time.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I also have to wait until DD is drowsy, otherwise she will fight the swaddle and work herself up into a big fit. ?I'm actually holding my breath right now b/c this was our first night with a routine of bath, bottle, baby crack machine, swaddle and she is now sleeping in her snuggle nest in her crib! ?First time ever in her crib!!!
  • Options

:::taking notes:::

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"