Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

So...THIS was interesting...

I babysat a 5 y/o boy tonight and one of the many things he did to 'amaze' me was that he referred to his penis as a lollipop, and a popsicle. This came up because we were watching cartoon network and one of the characters said something about getting hit in the 'kiwis', and thats when he turned to me and said 'do you know what those are?' and proceeded to tell me what that meant and what his penis was called. Oh....My!

Then when i was keeping an eye on him in the bath, he asked me if I had a penis, and then asked me if he could see my butt-hole (after he showed me his of course)

Are all 5 y/o boys like this? If so, Im in serious trouble...

TTC since 01/2011 ~ Our baby grew wings on 11/10/11 at 5w

Trying to Conceive Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So...THIS was interesting...

• Options
    OMG!  What the heck are this kids parents teaching him?!?!!?
    Chad and Emily - 10/28/06 Abigail Suzanne - 1/6/09 Corbin David - 11/6/12
  • Options
    ummm, no. Weird.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

No this is not normal. What the hell goes on at his house???

• Options
    im not 100% sure whats going on. I dont know where his father was, it was only the mom, and she was really 'proper' (the nice way to put it). They live in a $700,000 house on the beach and you can just tell she was swimming in money.

• Options
    Well someone isn't being proper around this kid.
  • Options
    i agree, but how do you mention something like that without offending someone making it sound like they dont know how to raise their child? or maybe she knows and doesnt have a problem with it? Im not sure.

• Options
    At 5, my nephew was starting to get modest, not prance around showing off his butthole! There is something wrong there. My nephew refers to his penis as a lulu bc my sis was trying to teach my niece to call her private parts that, and he decided thats what his was called too. But he doesn't go around telling everyone. And lollipop? WTH? That really is not normal!
    I will kick cancer's ass Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Dx Breast Cancer 4/2012 Invasive ductal carcinoma triple negative Currently on Taxol, start A & C in August
  • Options
    I don't want to sound mean but there is something not right here. This sounds to me like a sexual abuse victim. I would suggest talking to someone who could check out the situation a little more. Maybe a social worker or someone of that nature.  Something is really wrong.
  • Options

imagetbb710:
    im not 100% sure whats going on. I dont know where his father was, it was only the mom, and she was really 'proper' (the nice way to put it). They live in a $700,000 house on the beach and you can just tell she was swimming in money.

even people who "swim in money" can have inappropriate things go on at their home.

a 5 year old boy referring to his penis as a lollipop is inappropriate behavior.  you need to speak up.  someone is teaching him that penises (penii?) are toys made for sucking.

THIS IS NOT RIGHT.

• Options
    sounds inappropriate-- I'd call a social worker and have them investigate!
  • Options
    imagebrandonsfuturewife07:

imagetbb710:

even people who "swim in money" can have inappropriate things go on at their home.

a 5 year old boy referring to his penis as a lollipop is inappropriate behavior.? you need to speak up.? someone is teaching him that penises (penii?) are toys made for sucking.

THIS IS NOT RIGHT.

i thought the same thing when I read this - why on earth would anyone tell a little boy that a penis was a lollipop?? ?I would definitely say something to the mother like, "Hmmm, so and so is so open about his private parts, in fact he told me he has a lollipop and wanted to see my private parts" (or however the kid worded it) and wait for the mother to respond...maybe she has no idea what's going on and needs to hear something from an outsider to get a clue...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    RED FLAG! If you're going to babysit him again, I might try to talk about it with him, try to learn where/in what context he has learned these things, and call social services if you suspect abuse. That's so sad.
  • Options
    It definitely does not sound normal. I have a couple of nephews, ages 6 and 8. While they can be quite harsh and say/do "icky" things at times...never anything like that. I can't even imagine who and why somebody would tell (or possible be showing...ugh) this boy that his penis is "a lollipop". It makes me sick.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah something is not right in his house. DD calls her vagina her butt because DH saw her touching herself and said "don't touch your front butt" so now she calls it that, but she knows what a lollipop is and it's not a penis (she calls DSs penis a butt too) You need to talk to his mother. That is not normal 5yr old behavior.
    imageimage

9/24/2011 Plymouth Firefighters 5k: 47:13
    11/12/2011 Diva Dash 5k: 45:45
    5/5/2012 STEM school 5k TBD Coming up in 2012:
    6/10/2012 Walk to Remember SIDS foundation 5k
    (in memory of a sweet baby boy)
    11/10/2012 Diva Dash 5k
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"