Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Why Am I So Afraid To Move DS To Crib?

I never thought I would be like this! DS is almost 10 weeks and still in a PNP in our room. He has reflux, so he coughs in his sleep at least once/night. It wakes me and I love having him so close to be able to check on. ?We live in a 2 br. apartment and the nursery is at the other end of the hall. ?What is it going to take for me to be ok with moving him to his own room? How will I "know" it's time??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Why Am I So Afraid To Move DS To Crib?

• Options
    Well if you are still afraid it may not be time. DD is still in our room but if you are on the line, try putting him in there just one night. If you are awake and afraid, get him. But, it may work out better than you think.
  • Options
    We moved DS at 8 weeks but I slept on the floor for almost a month.  You eventually get used to them being in their own room.  Good luck.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a two story house and DS's room is upstairs. I tried it one night and he woke up too many times for me to be going up & down the stairs, but our video monitor was the only thing that made it possible!
    Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I'm not so much afraid, but I'm not ready! I actually sleep with DD and I'm going to miss cuddling with her SO much! I'm away from her all day so I love waking up in the middle of the night and having her all snuggled up next to me. She uses my boob as her pillow Big Smile  If DH and I are ever going to make another child, though, I'm going to have to man up and do it!

• Options

Don't feel bad, DS still sleeps in our room.  He's actually moved from his swing to our bed Embarrassed  We're now trying to transition him to his crib and it has been a nightmare.

Have you tried putting his mattress on an incline to help with the reflux?  A wedge, like this may help.  I wish I would have known about it sooner, then maybe we wouldn't be going through crib hell right now!  Also, a video monitor might be something to think about for extra piece of mind.  Good luck!

• Options
    We actually have that wedge in his PNP right now. But he's a HUGE wiggle worm and wiggles down to the bottom every time.?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was afraid to do make the big move - but our pedi recommended we move her to the crib - as maybe she wanted to have more room than the PnP - we did it when she was about 6 weeks old.  The first night I was sad - but we have been so happy to have our room back - and I think that the baby sleeps better in her crib - not as much noise (DH and doggie snore!)

When I was investigating reflux I came across this  www.guardian-sleeper.com  Maybe this will help - the baby is not able to wiggle down in it when you prop it up - check out the video.

• Options

i was scared at first also but ill tell you. once you just go for it and cross the line it feels better.  i dont wake up as much as i did when ds was in our room and i think we are both sleeping a lot better.  good luck and hopefully it wont be as mad as you think!

• Options

I feel the same way as you....I've just resigned myself to the fact that eventually I'll "know". ?I don't feel comfy with it now so we'll continue with our current set up. ?She's 13 weeks and sleeps in her co sleeper next to our bed. ?We love it! ??

• Options
    I have just recently felt okay about moving him to his crib. We have started to let him nap in there during the day and start out in there at night. Up in until this point I have been really scared to have him in there. The first few times he started out in there I would check on him constantly.( He likes to sleep on his face for some reason) I am feeling more and more comfortable as time goes bye though. You will feel better about it in time. It is just hard at first. Good luck!
  • Options

Why the rush?  Our DS slept in the bassinet portion of the PNP until he was almost 4 months old.  I wasn't ready,either.  It was so convenient to check on him at night and just listening to him breathe when he was in our room.

The PNP bassinet on ours says that it goes up to 15 lbs so I wasn't in a crazy rush to transfer him to his nursery.  It was a cinch to move him without any disruptions in his sleep at the time.

Now that he's in his own room, I've come to love not having to tip-toe around our room.  I can watch TV again in bed...with noise!

You'll know when its right and you're ready.  Best of luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"