Cincinnati Babies
Options

Treehouse Kids @ Forrest Fair Mall???

I really want the Phil and Ted's stroller with the doubles kit as I've seen nothing I even remotely like at our Dayton Babys R Us. But I really want to try it out before I buy it. According to online, the only place that carries it is Terrhouse Kids or something like that. Has anyone been there? What else do they carry? Do they have a bunch of other strollers to try? Any other places you recommend for checking out strollers? Thanks!

Re: Treehouse Kids @ Forrest Fair Mall???

• Options
    I went there when we were looking at baby furniture.  It carries primarly higher-end baby furnishings and equipment.  I don't know anything about it's stroller selection, as I wasn't looking there for that. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We got Maggie's nursery furniture there, they have some higher end strollers.  I'm sure you can call them to see what their selection is.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went there to try out car seats.  It's at the same end of the mall as BRU.  They were really nice about letting me take the car seats down off the shelf to put Allison in them to see how she fit.  I'm not sure how they stay in business being in a dead mall right by BRU, but it's a nice store.
  • Options
    We bought DD's stroller and carseat there. They were very helpful and we got a great deal.
  • Options
    Their customer service is excellent!
  • Options
    Awesome! I'm going to call before we go just in case. I want to be 100% sure they have a Phil and Ted's to test, since we're about a 40 minute drive, but wanted to make sure it was still in business and all. Their website I found no longer works so I got worried!
  • Options
    Just wanted to tell you that my SIL has the Phil and Ted double stroller (she lives in Manhattan). She absolutely raves about it and was trying to get me to get one. I totally would have, but figured no one would ever pay that sort of money for a shower gift. It is sleek and light, she thinks it's heaven. 
  • Options

Yeah, I'll admit, it is a lot of money. We got the Peg Perego P3 for my son and we've really liked it, but I'm not a fan of the double. We spent like two hours at Babys r' Us and even my husband, the biggest cheap a$$ in the world, hated everything they had there. Doubles are just HUGE and expensive in general. The only thing we remotely liked was a double jogging stroller, maybe a Schwinn we looked at, but it was still $350 and I really couldn't see putting a newborn in it since it didn't recline, didn't fold up well, and I really didn't know how well it would fit through doors. It also doesn't accomodate a car seat.

But the Phil and Teds are only $450 online right now, with no tax and free shipping. So really, it's not THAT much more than something we won't be truely happy with. I may have to go work the corner to pay for it (totally kidding of course), but I'm willing to do anything for a decent double stroller so I don't have to push around some giant oversized stroller I hate.

• Options
    We bought our Peg Perego P3 on clearance there (as well as our nursery furniture) and got a great deal.  I thought they had a decent selection of strollers to try.  I would definitely call in advance to see if they have it. 
  • Options

It's a cute boutique kids store, primarily with furniture and bedding, but they have a smaller selection of strollers, carseats, etc in the back.  I know they can do special orders as well because they were going to order my bedding for me, but I got it online instead.  It is right under BRU... and only about 20 minutes from the Little Gym, so you may as well hit it while you are down here :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"