Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

When did you first take DC to a restaurant?

We were thinking about going out for an early dinner tomorrow night (I need to get out of this house!!). I am nervous.

When did you first take DC to a restaurant? How did it go?

Re: When did you first take DC to a restaurant?

• Options

When DS was 2 weeks old, my dad came down for a visit and the three of us went to a small restaurant for lunch, after shopping at Target!  I always said I woudn't take a newborn out like that, but it felt so good to get of the house!

ETA:  He did fine - slept the whole time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Probably three weeks and he was great there....then we went for sushi at four weeks and couldn't eat together since one had to walk him the entire time. Other than that one time, he's been awesome. And we go out to eat at least once a week with him!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A couple days after bringing her home. She slept the whole time.
  • Options
    We took her to a funeral and out to dinner at 3weeks. She did just fine. We've been taking her out ever since. She just looks around and "talks" to people.
  • Options
    We waited until she was about 2 months old. The ONLY reason being that she was colicky and screamed bloody murder all evening. If not for that, I probably would have taken her out to dinner at a week or two old. I brought her plenty of places during the day when she wasn't miserable.
  • Options
    She was two weeks old and it went fine. Everytime we have taken her out to a restaurant she has either slept through it or just looked around.
  • Options

Two weeks and she slept.

We took her to a very nice restaurant at 4 weeks and she slept.

• Options
    4 days.... we took her out to eat a few nights a week for the first month because I didn't want to cook and she slept whenever we left the house.

• Options
    My mom and I took her out to lunch when she was a week old but we sat oustide. At 6 weeks was the first time I took her to a restaurant at night. I just fed her right before we left and she was fine. She got a little fussy after a while so we just took turns holding her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    She was about 5 days old.  She slept in her carrier the whole time.  We didn't exactly plan to go so early, but the closest BRU is an hour from our house and we had some emergency stuff to buy, then got really hungry!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    4-5 weeks old.  We just kept a blanket over her infant seat in the restaurant.  She slept the whole time and continued to do so until she hit 3 months old.  Now she talks and wants to get out and play, so we take her bebe pod w/toy tray everytime we go out (which sadly isn't very often anymore).  I say get out while you can Wink  haha!

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Options
    We went at around 3 weeks, it was my moms birthday. She slept most of the time, and when she was awake and fussy, my uncle (also his birthday) insisted on being the one to feed her, so he sat there with a bottle in one hand, biscuits in the other.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
    Our darling daughter and sweetheart guy.

Melissa and Rob, 10/30/08

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker 
    Sept Siggy Fun: Fairy Tales
  • Options
    We went to a cafe for lunch around 2.5 weeks.  It went pretty well, but we still haven't tried dinner.
  • Options
    We took DS when he was around 5 weeks and it was fine. He slept most of the time! You will be fine, enjoy the night out!
  • Options
    Brody was 6 days old when we all went out. I definitely didnt go that early with my first b/c I was too nervous! You get over the 'going out' phobia much quicker with the second! Wink He slept through dinner & woke just as we finished. I bf so I just ordered a coffee & fed him while I sipped away...no worries.
  • Options
    We took her to brunch with us a day shy of 3 weeks.  She slept the whole time.
  • Options
    We went out for brunch when our son was 3 or 4 days old! No problems, he slept the whole time and we've been out many times since then without problems.  We just park his stroller or carseat at the table and he sleeps or if he's awake we use a pacifier to keep him calm. Good luck
  • Options
    She was 6 weeks old and it was breakfast the day after Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    I starting taking our DD out at 4 weeks old, fed her before we left and took a bottle of breastmilk. Most of the time she sleeps but otherwise she sits and watches everything thats going on.
  • Options
    DS was a week old. He slept most of the time,

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• Options
    He was about 7-8 weeks old...we brought a bottle of fresh bm just in case.  He ended up sleeping during the whole time we were there.  We went during an off-peak time just in case...but he did very well.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
    IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
  • Options
    it was around 2 weeks old. and he just slept the whole time. ?thats hows its been every time we have taken him to a restaurant.

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    a few days old; she slept the whole time!
  • Options
    We went today for the first time today after his appointment with the pediatrician.  It was about 1:30 pm so the restaurant wasn't very crowded and he slept the whole time!
  • Options
    I think he was 5 weeks old.  It was just a family place, but it went well.  I kept him in my mei tei and he slept most of the time.  It was my 1st public nursing experience, too!
  • Options
    We took C to the diner for brunch when she was almost 5 weeks. We timed it perfectly because she slept the whole time : )
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"