Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

When do they start staying awake longer?

DD only stays awake for 1.5 hours at a time, then needs a nap. Her naps are only 30 mins so it feels like I spend all day putting her down for naps...she takes like 6 a day! And when we are out, I can only stay out for an hour at a time sometimes because she starts to get so cranky and won't really sleep in her stroller/car seat anymore!

When do they usually start staying awake fir longer spans?

Re: When do they start staying awake longer?

• Options
    I'm wondering the same thing!  Matthew will stay awake for 2 hours, but the last 1/2 is him being really fussy but not ready for sleep yet.  I'm trying to stretch the evening period out to about 3 hours then going down for the night, rather than napping at 7pm and being up till 9:30 or so. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DD #1 took 3 naps/day until 8 months.  She always slept in the carseat and stroller until 6 months.  After that, we stuck to the routine as possible and she always napped in her crib.  If he had to miss a scheduled nap and she fell asleep in the car, I drove until she woke up.  

Try to keep DD up longer and try for longer naps.  That should help a little.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"