Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

NBR: Broadway show in NYC

We will be going in May, can anyone recommend a good Broadway show for DH to see on our anniversary?  Thanks!

Re: NBR: Broadway show in NYC

• Options

Wicked is wonderful! DH really liked it also

• Options

well...i am bias but i suggest Jersey Boys...esp if your DH doesn't really like theatre. i know a ton of men that have never been into shows but loved jersey boys. In the Heights is also great along with Billy Elliot.

will ferrell also has a limited run show right now that is getting a TON of great press.its suppose to be hilarious.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wicked, Spamalot, or Avenue Q (DH wants to see Avenue Q so bad...he is a lifelong resident of NY state, but has never been to NYC due to his anxiety...and this show makes him want to go anyway!)
  • Options
    as a side note....wicked is a great show but it tours so much now that you could probably see it in your own town sometime soon.
  • Options
    definately Wicked! dh and I loved it.
  • Options
    I'm taking DH to Avenue Q this weekend for his 40th b-day.  Everyone says it's awesome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    BTW, DH would have loved teh Will Ferrell one so much but the ticket prices are outrageous!  It's a big theater so you have to sit close (and pay a lot) for it to be worth it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I wish I could afford Broadway tickets for our first anniversary.  Since this is our first I figured tickets would be a great take on the paper anniversary. 

Does he have a good sense of humor?  I would DEFINITELY recommend Avenue Q.  I would suggest Spamalot or The Producers but they have both closed.  I don't know how old you guys are, but if he liked the Lion King as a kid, that is still running as well.  That is my favorite Disney movie so I would personally love to see it.

This seems interesting, too: https://www.broadway.com/Rock-of-Ages/broadway_show/569979

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • Options
    Avenue Q was hilarious (but a bit raunchy); Mamma Mia was a lot of fun (haven't seen the movie so don't know how it compares); Phantom is a classic for good reason (and is romantic in some ways, so maybe good for an anniversary).  Those are the only ones I've seen that are playing now.
  • Options
    I think if you're trying to get him to really enjoy it, pick one that a guy would really like.  DH and I were going between South Pacific and In the Heights and chose In the Heights just because I'd heard so much great things about it and it won the Tony for best musical last year.  We're going to NYC for Valentine's Day and it's DH's first show, too.  So excited! :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"